Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Korres Lip Butter In Pomegranate

Hello lovely ladies. 

Korres aren't a brand I'm particularly familiar with, but I've seen plastered all over the blogosphere, with people raving an raving about this product and that product, but one product in particular caught my eye, the Lip Butters. So when I spotted it at a 1/3 off, I snapped it up!


The lip butters come in sweet little cardboard boxes that slide to the side to reveal the lip butter. The packaging is nice however its not quite as bright or a girly as I tend to look for in packaging, but I guess its whats inside that counts. Lip butters have sprung up all over the place in the last year but this one, according to the box, firmly sits in the lip balm category rather than a soft lipstick, and is packed with goodies for keeping lips soft such as shea butter and rice wax.


Once you twist the lid you reveal a rather vibrant looking lip butter in a little plastic pot. The shade looks rather daunting at first, but once it's swatched...


The colour pay off is good, but no where near as vibrant, more colour than a tinted lip balm but not quite as much as other lip butters on the market. I really like the colour, it gives a subtle sheen on the lips without excess colour.

However, one little niggle with this product, the flavour. Or rather, the lack of one. When I picked this up I assumed pomegranate referred to the flavour, but it doesn't, it refers to the colour. The lip butter has the awful artificial taste to it, mixed with a twinge of shea butter (which I personally dislike, a lot) mixed in. I'm not saying that ALL lip products need a flavour, but I personally prefer my lip balms to taste of something yummy OR nothing at all. I find it really hard to have to have a plastic-y one sitting on my lips and not wipe it off. 

I know a lot of people rave about these, and I guess if the flavour doesn't bother you then it's a nice product, and I'll chuck it in my bag but I doubt it's a product I'll reach for regularly. I'd like to try other bits from Korres but I'm worried it will be disappointing now, so if you have any recommendations let me know!

However, if you do fancy giving this, or any thing else from the Korres range, it's currently 1/3rd off in Waitrose, making this £4.66.

So ladies, have you tried the Lip Butters? Did you dislike the flavour or am I being a big wuss?! 

X

2 comments:

  1. I find it shows up the dryness of my lips! They seemed okay at first but yeah, went off it quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the wild rose one and i adore it!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!