Thursday, 29 November 2012

November Empties

Hello lovely ladies!

It's very nearly the end of November, which I couldn't be more pleased about as come Saturday I can put up the tree and start fully getting in to the festive swing of things! So, on to the empties.


Not as many as previous months, but still a fairly over flowing bag!

Face Masks.


One. Montagne Jennesse Glacial Clay Spa.
I've been trying to use up a couple of bits that have been sitting in my cupboard for age, so I've used more masks than normal! I really like the Glacial Clay Spa mask as its a fabric mask and I find these less fiddly and messy. Leaves my skin lovely and soft & I've repurchased this one several times. 

Two. Montagne Jennesse Passion Peel.
I have to say I hate masks that peel off, mostly because I have no patience and waiting for it to dry enough to take off drives me batty! Nice enough feeling but I doubt I'd repurchase as I can't be doing with the faff!

Three. Essence My Skin Deeply Moisturizing Paper Mask. 
Again, really liked this one as its nice and faff free, but I think this would be best to use on a warm summers night as it's super cooling so it made me feel a bit frozen! I'd probably repurchase in summer.

Lush.


Four. Snow Fairy Shower Gel.
So, I've been on a bit of a Lush binge this month! And, of course, I had to have a bottle of Snow Fairy the second it hit the shelves. I love this shower gel, smells of pear drops and candyfloss and has a light glitter to it, nothing gets me feel festive in the morning quite like Snow Fairy. I've already bought another bottle which should last me most of December and I'll probably try and pick up a medium bottle in the sale. I know a lot of people want it all year round but I prefer having it in the last months of the year.

Five. The Olive Branch Shower Gel.
I didn't expect to like this as I tend to automatically dislike olive scented this, but this was actually really pleasant. Only problem with it is it's slightly watery, much more so than other Lush shower gels, so I went through it much faster than I normally would. I don't know I'd repurchase it but it was nice to try. 

Six. Bubblegum Lip Scrub.
I love this product. I was always skeptical about lip scrubs and thought I'd never use it, but I did. In fact, I used it every night and still only managed to make a little dent in it, however it started to dry up and it lost its colour as it got closer to its expiry date, so I thought I'd be clever and use it as an impromptu body scrub. Which it kind of worked as, however the bubble gum smell washed away the second it hit the water and left the scrub smelling of what can only be described as ash trays. It was so bad that when I got out of the shower and dried off I had to get back in and scrub the smell away! So, to some up, brilliant as a lip scrub, awful as a body scrub! I'm going to repurchase a lip scrub, but possibly go for another flavour, I just wish they sold them in smaller pots as I doubt I'll finish my second! 

Seven. Cinder Bath Bomb.
I love the scent of this bath bomb, but I hate the colour, it's yellow, and therefore kind of looks like wee once its dissolved. It's cheap and cheerful but I just wish it was a different colour! I usually have one a year and then remember why I don't want to get in! 

Eight. The Melting Snow Man Bath Melt.
Original review here, I love that little guy! He has the cutest little face, and smells spicy and warm and leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft, as well as being the cheapest of the range. He's an all round winner for me, and I wish I had a bath at home because I'd deffo repurchase several!

Nine. Retro Lush Magic Bath Bomb.
Original review here, this was a nice bath bomb, but not nice enough for the price (£4.20 each plus £4 shipping) so I wouldn't repurchase, but fun to give a go. 

Shower Gel. 


Ten. Original Source Lavender & Tea Tree Shower Gels. 
I picked this up on a whim from Poundland, and it's a lovely scent, very similar to the new Lush Twilight Shower Gel (or any lavender scented shower gel, it's such a strong smell there's nothing much you can do with it) It's lovely but the only problem with it is it makes me feel dead sleepy, which isn't ideal in the morning! Lovely for using at bed time, not so good for morning. I'd repurchase other original source shower gels but maybe not this one.

Shampoo & Conditioner.


Eleven. Boots Provitamin Classic Care Shampoo.
This is Boots version of Pantene Pro-V and to be honestly it's fairly close, doesn't feel quite as nice or smell quite as good but it's about £1.30 for 400mls as apposed to Pantene at anywhere between £2 and £4, so it's a more purse friendly choice. I'd probably repurchase but as I haven't found my perfect shampoo yet I'm still trying out new ones.

Twelve. Vo5 Revive Me Daily Conditioner.
Another Poundland whim purchase, but I couldn't be happier I stuck it in. It's about the most perfect conditioner I've ever used! It leaves my hair feeling soft and healthy without weighing it down, and it's a regular feature in Poundland (for a 250ml bottle) so it's really purse friendly. I've already repurchased and I'm planning to go down and pick up several bottles to stick in the cupboard in case it ends up going out of stock in Poundland! 

Thirteen. Aussie Mega Instant Conditioner.
I love Aussie, but this claims to volumise hair, and it doesn't. Its nice enough but it did nothing for my hair, and at nearly £5 a bottle I doubt I'd repurchase. 

Perfume.


Fourteen. The Body Shop Dreams Unlimited Perfume. 
I've had this for a while so I thought I'd try and finish it up. It's a nice enough smell, but nothing special, and doesn't last very well on the skin. Nice but not nice enough I guess. I wouldn't repurchase. 

Make Up Removers / Cotton Pads.


Fifteen. Iseree Soft Cotton Pads.
Iseree is the Lidl in store make up & body care range, and to be honest most of it is pretty fab. I couldn't recommend these cotton pads enough, they are double sided, one soft one textured which is great, and most importantly they are cheap. Really cheap. 120 will set you back just 45p, rather than similar pads from Boots or Superdrug that can be anywhere as much as £2. I've already picked up a couple more of these and stuck them away. 

Sixteen. No7 Cleanse & Care Eye Make Up Remover. 
This used to be my go to make up remover, and would buy a bottle every time the No7 vouchers came around. But since I've switched to Bioderma this just feels like rubbing oil in to eyes! I actually found it really hard to finish up and I'm glad its gone! I deffo wouldn't repurchase. 

Cleanser. 


Seventeen. Decleor Aroma Cleanse. 
I'm not really sure what to say about this as it's such a tiny little tube I didn't really get to test it properly, but I'll give it a go. It's a nice enough creamy cleanser with a very soft scent, however a full sized one would set you back around £13 which I think is a lot for what it is. I wouldn't purchase the full sized mostly down to the price. 

Eighteen. Burts Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser.
I usually can't speak highly enough of Burts Bees. However, this, this product is one of the worst I've used this year! It's awful. Watery, and the smells is this awful mix of plastic and Cif lemon cleaner. Absolutely wouldn't repurchase!

Samples.


Twenty. Nivea Express Hydration Primer. 
I know this is getting raved about, but I just don't get it. There was enough in the sachets for 2 uses, and both times I found as I rubbed it in it flaked off, so I really wouldn't purchase the full sized! 

Twenty One. Philosophy Mircodelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash.
I loved this, it's scrubby without being painful and smelt lovely and fresh. I would love to purchase the full sized product but as Philosophy is very pricey it will have to wait! 

Twenty Two. Clarins Hydra Matte Lotion. 
This is one of those samples that looks much bigger than it actually is! I only managed one go from it but it felt nice enough, absorbed quickly and left me shine free, I'd like to try a larger sample of this so I could give it a proper go.

So that's what I've finished this month, how about you ladies?

X

6 comments:

  1. I'm still using my lip scrub and it went out of date in July, it seems to still be ok! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure mine could of been ok for a little while longer but I was sick of looking at it haha x

      Delete
  2. Ooh if Lush have a sale I'm so there! Cinders was the first bath bomb I tried, such a lovely smell! The orange colour didn't bother me too much thankfully. A few people have recommended trying the snowman so I'll have to go back to Lush for more! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowman really is fab, cute and cheap :D x

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I have so many beauty goodies that I should really use up I'm tempted to try this idea next month xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower! love you blog

    tobebioacaseofbeauty.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!