Sunday, 30 December 2012

December Empties

Hello lovely ladies.

Not only are we in the last days of December, but also the last of the year! That's crazy! I'm always a little sad when Christmas is over, we've even taken down our decorations and tree (mainly because Tuna was on the war path to destroy them ALL) but the end of the month does mean one thing, empties!


I haven't finished as many products as normal probably by half this month, but here they are!

Make up remover / wipes


One. Iseree Cotton Pads
I got to Lidl just for these as they are just so fab! They cost 55p for 120, are double sided and thick, where as the same product from Boots will cost you around £1.50! I've already picked up some more but until I find something cheaper and better I will always repurchase!

Two. Elemis Fresh Skin Make Up Wipes.
Hated these. Hated. These were on special offer for £1.50 and I fancied giving Elemis a go, so I bought these expecting them to be fab. They were really dry and rough, so they didn't take off any make up and left my skin sore! I wouldn't repurchase these even if they were the only choice.

Three. Bioderma H20 for normal / oily skin.
I bought this little 100ml bottle a while a go and loved it so much I picked up a big bottle almost straight away, but this has lasted me a good couple of months! It removes every scrap of make up, smells lovely and floral & leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I've already bought the massive 500ml bottle but when that runs out I'd probably repurchase another as it really works for me. 

Shampoo / Conditioner. 


fFour. Kerastase Bain Substantf Shampoo.
I got this mini free with purchase from Look Fantastic a while a go & I had high hopes for it. However it didn't really meet them at all. Don't get me wrong its not bad, but it's just fine, cleaned my hair but left it feeling no softer than any old cheap shampoo. And seeing as a full sized bottle would set you back around £11 it's just not worth it to me, so I wouldn't repurchase.

Five. Alberto Balsalm Juicy Green Apple Shampoo. 
This is a good cheap shampoo. I've never seen Alberto Balsalm shampoo or conditioner for anything more than £1 and it gets the job done and smells lovely. It doesn't leave my hair feeling particularly soft but when the chips are down it's cheap and cheerful so I probably will repurchase at some point, but it isn't something I'd rush out and buy.

Six. VO5 Revive Me Daily Conditioner.
I'm sure I mentioned this last month so I'll keep this sort. I adore this conditioner. It's always in Poundland or on offer, so it's lovely and cheap and it leaves my hair feeling just as soft as Aussie 3MM, I will deffo repurchase this as I just love it. 

Lush.


Seven. Angel's Delight Soap. 
Original review here, this was part of the Lush Christmas range which has pretty much all been snapped up in the sales, but this is a lovely soap that's returned for several Christmases in a row so I'm sure I'll be able to buy some more next year.

Eight. So White Bath Bomb.
I managed to squeeze in a few baths over Christmas and this really was a lovely one, a really nice apple scent and it was massive so took ages to fizz. This is another Christmas edition but I would love to buy another if I could! 

Nine. Honey Shampoo Sample. 
I was in Lush a few days a go snatching the last bit of Mr Punch soap in the sales and when I was wandering round one of the staff members (who, for the most part, recognized me as I spend a lot of time in Lush!) asked if I'd tried the Fair Trade Honey shampoo, which I hadn't because, well, I tried one of the shampoo bars a while back and hated it! So she gave me a little sample as it's great for coloured hair. I had 0 hopes for it but thought I'd use it up, but turns out I love it! It lathers really nicely and left my hair feeling so so soft and clean. I wish the scent was a little sweeter but apart for that it's fab. It's currently half price in my store so I'm really hoping to pick a bottle before they sell out! If not I may have to buy the full priced one any way! 

Bomb Cosmetics. 


Ten. Chilly Willy Bath Blaster. 
This was the first Bomb Cosmetics bath bomb I'd tried and I was too impressed. It had a really male, musty scent, not Christmassy at all. It was however a cute snowman face before I threw it in the bath! I wouldn't repurchase due to it's scent!

Eleven. Holly Bath Mallow. 
This one smelt divine, like fresh cookie dough! But it left horribly thick build up on my skin! I don't know if this is what the bath mallows do or if it was just this one but I doubt I'd buy another bath mallow just in case. 

Shower Gel.


Twelve. Piggy Shower Gel Mini. 
I picked a set of 6 of these piggy shower gel mini's from B&M Bargains for £2.49, and I should of known they'd be rubbish! The shower gel is as thick as a jelly and impossible to get out so I ended up wasting a load! They are also scented, this one being orange, and it smelt of a tart marmalade so... last time I choose cute over substance!

Oil.


Thirteen. Nuse Huile Seche Oil Mini.
I expected to love this, however I thought it was very average. It had a lovely floral scent, but that was the only good thing about it! It was extremely runny, more like water than oil, so it was really hard to use without it running out of the palm of my hand. It's supposed to be suitable for use on the hair, face & body, so I tried it all 3 ways. On the hair it doesn't absorb so it just sits on the hair and makes it looks super greasy, even if you use the smallest drop. On the face it ran straight off and on to my clothes, if I used a tiny dot it felt quite nice however. On the body it was impossible to use it without dropping a load of the product. So overall, I thought it was pretty pants! I wouldn't buy the full sized. 

Make Up. 


Fourteen. Benefit Porefessional Mini.
I love this product, its fab and does the job! I would buy the full sized, but every time I get low another magazine has it as a freebie, so I've still got another mini! However when that one runs out & there's no mini's on magazine about I'd consider purchasing the full sized. 

So that's it lovely ladies, how about you? Have you managed to finish many products this month?

X

4 comments:

  1. We always seem to have a bottle of the apple shampoo in our bathroom, I use it a lot when mine runs out and have no complaints. It smells amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts, I'm always so slow to use up things and I never test anything new, it's great getting reviews of things so I can test out the good stuff at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jade, do you know if you can still get Iseree Cotton Pads from Lidl? because my local Lidl has stopped stocking them since the autumn and my own stock has dwindled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I'm not sure but I last went at the end of November and they had plenty then :) x

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!