Saturday, 22 December 2012

Driving* Home For Christmas

Hello lovely ladies. 

Today we are Driving* Home For Christmas (well, train-ing home for Christmas, but that doesn't really have the same ring to it now does it!) which has got me thinking about some of our Christmas traditions, so I thought I'd share some of them with you lovely ladies! 

We tend to spend Christmas in Edgworth, a small village that my boyfriend grew up in, which is about 20 minutes away from Bolton in the Pennines, so naturally we tend to spend most of Christmas Eve & Christmas Day discussing how likely we think it is that it will snow! 
 


This picture was taken of the field by my boyfriends Mums house 2 years a go when we had so much snow we could barely see! It gave a really nice Christmassy feeling all round, and I don't think we will get any snow this year, it looking more like rain!

Giving each other stockings. 


Ok, so this one sounds a little greedy but they are just silly little presents, and we do this instead of getting each other lots of "tree" presents, it's a fun way to have a few little bits to open! 

Playing silly games! 


What oh what is Christmas day for if not to crack out those board games that only see the light of day once a year! We tend to avoid any overly long games like Monopoly as there are 10 of us so not everyone can play at once, and it also avoids anyone getting annoyed! 

Decorating the Christmas cake.


This tends to be something me & my boyfriends sister do on Christmas eve. No, were not cake decorators but we try! 

Eating sweets all day. 


I can't be the only one that takes my sweet tooth to the extreme on Christmas day! Being a vegetarian I don't have a turkey to look forward so to me it's all about the sweets, cakes, puddings and more sweets! 


Wearing silly hats!


Photo of me Christmas day 2009, and to be honest, I am rocking that hat!

So, those are a few of my traditions! How about you lovely ladies?

X

4 comments:

  1. Awww I love this post, I don't really have any Xmas traditions except for staying in my PJ's all day :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have an amazing Christmas :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't really have any traditions, not anymore as the people that were involved won't be present :( time to create some new ones! Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing [reading!] about other people's Christmas traditions! I did a post on mine a few days ago :)
    My boyfriend and I also give each other stockings! I don't get one from my parents anymore [they say I'm 'too old' for one!] so my bf HAS to ;)
    I'm a veggie too! I usually have a quorn roast in place of the turkey, it's really good. But I do have a massive sweet tooth too!
    Hope you have a safe journey home, and have a lovely Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!