Thursday, 6 December 2012

Lily Flame Candle In Fairy Dust

Hello lovely ladies.

I know, a Yankee Candle addict blogging about another candle brand almost seems like I'm being naughty! But any way, I was in Waitrose a few weeks back when I spotted a couple of Lily Flame candles nestled between a couple of other brands, and as I've had several on my Amazon wishlist for years I thought I'd actually give them a little sniff, to see if I actually liked them! They were all lovely but one was extra lovely...


Lily Flame candles come in small tins with lift off lids. I have to say this isn't my favourite packaging for a candle, as they can get dented very easily and then they won't burn evenly. It's also glued on paper for the design, rather than a sticker or stamped in to the tin, which again isn't my favourite as it feels a little cheap. It has an average burn time of 35 hours, which is the same as a small Yankee jar, but I have to say because this is wider at the top the risk of flame flickering (which makes a candle burn much faster) is much greater. I know this sounds all a little bit negative, but we haven't got on to what it smells like yet...


The smell.. well it's like no candle I've ever smelt before! It's described by Lily Flame as "A difficult scent to describe; based on a fine fragrance, It's Powdery, Warm, Sparkly and Magical." which is retty apt, it is hard, but to me it smells like a mixture of Yankees Clean Cotton & Lush Snow Fairy! I have always said I wish Snow Fairy came as a candle, and this is the closest I've come to it! It's a powdery scent but with a very sweet scent to it as well. It's an amazing scent, and I may actually buy the bigger size!

Lily Flame candles cost around £8.50 & can be bought directly here

So ladies, have you tried Lily Flame? What is your favourite scent?

X

8 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I haven't tried Lily Flame, as I am also a Yankee addict!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoww what you mean, I only gave them a whiff out of "I wonder how they compare" but it is a goody :D

      Delete
  2. It's so pretty! They were on offer on the debenhams site a while ago so worth keeping an eye on them :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo thanks lovely, didn't even know Debs sold them so thanks for the heads up :D

      Delete
  3. I have this and the room spray too. I adore it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Dolly Rocker by Lily Flame and it is gorgeous, it smells a little bit like baby powder and roses. It is so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this in Waitrose on Saturday afternoon and I wish I'd bought it as since leaving it it's all I've been craving!

    The scent is so unique and reminds me of a scent you would remember from your childhood from your bed or a hot bubble bath.

    I think I'll be getting this tomorrow!

    http://brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. While browsing John Lewis a few weeks ago I noticed this candle as the packaging is so cute, and you are absolutely right - it smells AMAZING!!

    http://rachelroar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!