Saturday, 5 January 2013

A Quick Stop At The Charity Shop

Hello lovely ladies. 

I popped to my local high street & charity shop stomping ground with the lovely Niki (who I know reads this blog!) to do a spot of charity shopping. I have to say I honestly expected to leave empty handed, as I've not found anything in them for months! However I did manage to walk away with a couple of really lovely bits! 


Just two little bits, however I love each of them!


First up was this amazing duck & hills jumper! I have a love of vintage jumpers, and a love of ducks! (I was actually wearing a cardigan with ducks on at the time, move over crazy cat lady, here comes the crazy duck lady) It was £6 which is quite expensive for a charity shop, but our St Peters Hospice does come up a little bit more pricey than others, and if I was to go to a "vintage" shop (peddling old Topshop & early 2000's Primark) I would expect this to come in at around £20 to £30 in Bristol! 


The jumper fits quite well and is a little over sized, its also made of wool so it's extra warm, if a tiny bit itchy!


This was the most unexpected find! A brand new Bath & Body Works body lotion sitting in my local Cancer Research! I usually hate vanilla scents but this just smells sweet and lovely, and it cost all of 50p! 

So that's my tiny haul, a small one but a good one! Have you ladies found much in your charity shops recently! 

X

13 comments:

  1. I love the jumper, I never find anything this nice in charity shops! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just down to timing sometimes, I find if I go out thinking I'm gunna find things I never do! x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that jumper. So cute Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say read, more like obsessively stalk. Best day ever! (Also have fallen in love with the clothes you gave me - thank you so much)!!! Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look in the charity shops in my local town but they never have anything which grabs my eye. Except for books - I think charity shops are an amazing place to find books. I personally donate to my local village charity shop almost weekly. I'd rather give to the charity shop to make a profit from, than try sell the stuff online or even just chuck it out. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I donate quite a lot to charity shops up the road from me :)

      Delete
  5. That jumper is gorgeous, well spotted!

    Lauren
    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds, i lovelove that jumper!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!