Monday, 7 January 2013

Andy Warhol For NARS Edie Set

Hello lovely ladies.

Have you ever been given a gift that you hoped & longed for, but never ever in a million years thought you'd receive? Well., this happened to me on Christmas morning. Father Christmas had bought me the lovely, shiny and oh so beautiful NARS Edie set. It's something that I never thought I'd actually own, but I thought I'd do a little review for you lovely ladies.


The NARS Edie set comes in a glossy box, and inside the glossy box is a sturdy tin mock film canister. The canister features an iconic Andy Warhol photo of Edie Sedgwick, one of Warhols favourite muses! She was a 60's it girl, known for her massive eyes and shortest skirts. I would give this set a 10 out of 10 for packaging! 


Inside the tin the products are safely nestled inside thick foam wadding. So, what does the set contain? 


NARS blusher duo in Deep Throat (the lighter pink with shimmer) & Amour (the darker pink). This is probably the best blush duo for me ever. Both colours I adore and I had been eying up Deep Throat (oh NARS, you and your dirty names, I have to say probably my least favourite naming for products ever) for quite a while! It's a soft baby pink with a light shimmer so extremely wearable. Amour is a deeper pink, but still quite a soft shade. Both colours are just stunning. 


NARS Edie Eyeshadow. This eyeshadow was designed specifically for the set, and is a lovely off white cream colour with a very soft shimmer. The eyeshadow itself has a lovely formula, very soft and velvety. 


NARS Carpates Eyeliner Stylo. I prefer felt tipped eyeliners as I find them easier to use than a gel eyeliners, and was excited to see this in the set, as I've read a lot of amazing reviews about it. The nib is extremely fine, which makes it much easier to to control. It glides on effortlessly and it doesn't budge at all, even if you rub it with both hands! 


NARS Filmstar Lipstick(!). You'd be mistaken thinking this is a concealer, but it's in fact a lipstick. A very matte, very pale lipstick. I have to say I hoped this would turn out a lot more peachy on the lips, but alas it doesn't. It's extremely matte so it's very, very drying to lips. I could say it's a bit of a disappointment, as I just can't get it to work for me at all. However it's a very 60's shade, so I can see what they were going for, but I think it needs just a touch more colour. I was unsure the first time I opened the box and I was hoping it would surprise me, sadly it didn't!

So, those are the products, I thought I'd show you how I used the set, so here's the set sans the lipstick.


I was really happy with how this turned out. It's a bit of a retro looked but I really like it, however, with lipstick...


With the lipstick, I look incredibly dead! The lipstick is almost a perfect match for my skin, so it just makes my mouth blend in with my skin!

So, overall, really pleased with the gift set and it has to be one of the nicest gifts I've ever given, but as the lipstick is such an utter flop I'd give it an 8 out of 10. 

If you wanted to check out the NARS Edie set for yourself it's got a slightly eye watering price tag of £54, and is available here.

So, who thinks I look a bit dead with the lipstick on?! What do you think of NARS products & do you have a favourite?

X

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks so nice but I get what you mean about the lipstick, a red would have been better x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo jealous - beautiful tin and the blush duo is pretty!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I though the lipstick was a concelar aswell before i read it xx:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I though the lipstick was a concelar aswell before i read it xx:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kit still looks gorgeous, despite the concealer lipstick haha maybe try using it as a spot concealer?! never know, it might work haha
    xxx

    www.TheBeautyBelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was gonna write the same thing! try to use it as a concealer with a bit of moisturizer since it is drying.. then powder powder powder!

      My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

      Delete

Leave a comment & make my day!