Friday, 25 January 2013

MUA Lipstick In Shade 13

Hello lovely ladies. 

Today I found myself in my local Superdrug, just to "browse" before going to do the big food shop. I'd been playing with the idea of getting myself a red lipstick. This might not sound like much to some, but as someone that usually sticks to very light neutrals it's way outside of my comfort zone. However I'm not someone that likes to spend money unless I know I'm going to use it, so with that in mind I headed to the MUA stand, to see if they had a nice red, just to test the colour before spending money. I picked up shade 13, so I thought I'd do a little review. 


In terms of packaging I have to say, MUA is not my favourite. There's is nothing particularly wrong with it, but it does look & feel a little cheap, which seeing as they cost all of a £1 each is to be expected, however I can't pretend to love it! 


I would say Shade 13 (Kind of wish all the lipstick had names, just a small thing but a name is much nicer than a number!) is a true blood red, which is pushing my limits of what I would normally feel comfortable in but I decided to go hard or go home!


This part of the lipstick threw me a little! I was fiddling around with it when the bottom popped off, and as I picked it up I noticed my fingers were red! I thought it was just plastic to show the colour, but no it's a little container of lipstick! I'm not sure if its for doing touch ups with a mirror, a back up for when the lipstick runs out, or if it's simply easier for them to use the actual lipstick rather than a coloured plastic!

I decided to throw a bit on, so you could see the colour. 


I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it's actually a really nice lipstick to wear! It has bled a little but that was probably due to my quick application, but its a really nice consistency, and the colour is pretty much exactly the same in the bullet as on the lips. It didn't dry my lips out at all or irritated them. I would say however it does bleed a fair bit, so it does need a touch of lip liner! 

Overall I am quite impressed! I've had a few bits from MUA in the past and to be honest, I've usually found the products really average, so I was pleasantly surprised by this! Will I ever wear it out? Now that's another story!

MUA lipsticks cost £1 each, and are available from Superdrugs or online here, HOWEVER I've heard a lot of bloggers have had horrific times when ordering from MUA, so I would probably say head to your local Superdrug if you can!

So ladies, what do you rate or slate from MUA? Have any of you had a bad time ordering from MUA?

X

9 comments:

  1. Looks lovely on you! I'm personally ordered from their website more than 5 times and never had a bad experience, their tweets however are a little rude at times!
    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah good! I've heard a couple of nightmare about orders taking months or not arriving & always makes me feel a bit worried about recommending ordering! x

      Delete
  2. I love MUA eyeshadow and have tried a couple other things but never the lipsticks. I've got my eye on 13, 7 and 11. I'm not one for stand out colours either but like you say, at £1 you can't go far wrong.

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats very true, I decided to pick it up just to test a red at home! x

      Delete
  3. I've had nothing but good experiences with MUA. Their lipsticks are simply beautiful (try the lipbooms!) and their gel eyeliners are simply fantastic. Their eyeshadows/palettes aren't the best and don't give a lot of payoff so you'll need a primer/wet it etc but overall I love them. I ordered online when they had an offer on and they were super fast with delivery! Nothing but good things I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's good hun! I kind of want a few palletes but I have heard you need to love it as it is a bit of work to get the colour pay off x x

      Delete
  4. Jade, I highly recommend you wear this lipstick more often. Red lipstick is the bomb. You are the bomb. You wearing the lipstick IS THE BOMB.

    In other words, you look super cute and gorgeous to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plus it totally goes with your complexion and eyes. So those are two more reasons.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!