Thursday, 3 January 2013

Orla Kiely Parfume Review

Hello lovely ladies.

I love retro prints, I do, but doubly so when it comes to florals. Florals make up at least 95% of my wardrobe. Orla Kiely has to have some on the best retro prints around, with unusual use of colour and bold striking designs. So when I heard that there was a Orla Kiely parfume I was keen to give it a sniff. The only problem was finding it. Nowhere seemed to stock it! But when I was browsing in Debenhams yesterday I came across it, so thought I'd give it a little sniff! Safe to say I loved it as I wouldn't usually buy myself a perfume! So here is my review. 


First things first, the bottle is just adorable. It's in the shape of one of her most iconic prints, the four cornered flower. 


The replication of the pattern is carried on through the glass bottle, showing the vine leaves which as below the flower on the pattern. I have to say, it's one of the prettiest perfume bottles I've ever come across. 


As I've mentioned before, I am rubbish at describing scents, but I'd describe it as a "fresh" scent, but I was having trouble putting my finger on what exactly made this parfume so special, special enough to get me reaching for my purse! So I looked up what exactly was in the perfume, and it just so happens to be almost all of my favourite scents. The parfume has hints of rose, geranium and bergamot, balanced with fresh fig and a hint of chocolate. It's probably the most amazing smelling perfume I've had! It's also worth mentioning that it's a parfume not a perfume, so its incredibly long lasting, and you only need to spray it once to get a full, long lasting scent. 


I bought the parfume as part of a gift set, which had a 150ml body cream inside. Now, I have to say I fully intended to stick on eBay, as I've found with other perfume gift sets the cream or shower gel just doesn't smell anything like the actual parfume, but this one is utterly spot on. It smells exactly the same as the parfume, and also lingers on the skin really nicely, so this is going straight in the bathroom cabinet!

I bought this in the sale in Debenhams, reduced from £42 to £33.70, but I can't find it online, but the cheapest I can find the 60ml parfume (the same as pictured above) for online is £28.95 here, however if you can find a tester in store it's worth just giving it a spray as my coat still smells of it from yesterday afternoon! 

So ladies have you smelt this perfume? What did you think?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment & make my day!