Saturday, 23 February 2013

A Tuna Shaped Sugar & Vice Commission

Hello lovely ladies. 

Yesterday I had the most exciting parcel I'd received in a long time. I knew it was coming, I'd even seen a preview, but I was still just as excited! I'm talking about a one of a kind, commissioned brooch from Sugar & Vice. 


Sugar & Vice are one of the best acrylic jewellery companies around, independently run by two of the loveliest people & setting up a commission with them was super easy. I was worried it would be dead complicated, but a couple of emails of me saying what I would like & a couple of very practical counterpoints later I was all paid up, piece of cake! I was also shown a little preview on Instagram so I knew sort of what it was going to look like. So what did I ask for? Remember, I am a crazy cat lady...


That's right ladies, I've had my lovely Tuna immortalised in brooch form! I sent them a photo of Tuna on his side & they captured him so well, right down to his little pink nose! I asked for it to be quite little as I'm a fan of delicate jewellery & they delivered on all aspects! It's one of my favourite things I own, but what does the real Tuna think?


He seems to be pretty impressed! Side by side with the big Tuna, it becomes even more obvious how well they've captured him!

Sugar & Vice have their own store here & an Etsy here & they sell lots of amazing bits & pieces, but commissions can vary in price depending on how much material & time they take (this was £15, and £15 well spent I think!) but you will get a one of a kind! 

So ladies, what do you think? Its a pretty good Tuna isn't it?

X

18 comments:

  1. Aaw - I love it! It looks so cute and well made :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they really do a fab job :D

      Delete
  2. Ohh it's amazing, I love the pink nose touch! Tuna looks so smiley and approving of his little likeness too, it's too cute :)

    I can't believe how reasonable it was, I've always been in love with this Jane Eyre themed mirror from Habitat but it's massive, I wonder if they might be able to make a smaller version...

    http://pinterest.com/pin/110478997080306768/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm possibly! Its worth firing them an email <3 x

      Delete
  3. Haha I was so confused by Tuna in the blog title, then I realised he was your cat haha, so cute!

    Today I'm reviewing the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, people often get confused about his name ^^ x

      Delete
  4. This is so gorgeous, I love the little pink nose! Such a lovely, personal accessory :)

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its gone straight on my coat ^^

      Delete
  5. Oh that is so cute xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is AMAZING! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, I am super impressed with it :D

      Delete
  7. That's adorable, new follower x

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE SUGAR AND VICE. Everything I have from them is the bees knees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! I remember Sugar & Vice following me yonks ago via MySpace and since then I've loved their pieces, but never got around to buying anything. However now I know they do commissions I may have to ask about getting something made.

    Glad to see Tuna appreciated what was made for you, it looks just like him. The cute little pink nose just makes it even cuter and delicate. ^_^

    www.brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!