Friday, 22 February 2013

Dainty Doll Blusher in 004 You Are My Sunshine - The Closest Dupe To THAT Cult Blusher

Hello lovely ladies. 

You may or may not of seen that earlier last week Fragrance Direct was having a mega sale on Dainty Doll make up, which is Nicola Roberts (From Girls Aloud) range for the pale ladies. I had seen a few bits of the range in Boots previously but it was all a little of the pricey side, so when I spotted the blushers reduced to £1.99, I snapped at the chance. Admittedly by the time I ordered there was slim pickings, so I went for 004, You Are My Sunshine.


The Dainty Doll blusher comes in a pretty box with a pin up version of Nicola, the packing for the blusher itself is very minimal, plain black plastic with gold writing.


The blusher itself is a peachy pink with a gold shimmer... Which sounds quite similar to another blusher in my collection, a cult blusher that is raved and raved about. I decided to give it a little swatch to confirm my suspicions, so I thought I'd give them a little swatch side my side so you could see. 

 
Yes that's right, NARS Orgasm. Admittedly in the pans they don't look much like each other, but once they are swatched...


Dainty Doll on the left, NARS on the right, as you can see they are almost identical, the dainty doll is slightly darker but still pretty close! Once applied to the face there is almost no difference between the two! I know a lot of people say Sleek Rose Gold is a perfect dupe, but I've had Rose Gold & it is much darker than Orgasm. 

But the best thing about this dupe? The price! NARS Orgasm retails for £21.50 & although all the Dainty Doll blushers have now sold out on Fragrance direct, you can pick it up on eBay for just £4.95 posted here (which works out as just the same as ordering just the one item with postage from Fragrance Direct)

So ladies, what do you think? Pretty close (or the closest I've found for £16.55 less than the original!) no?

X

10 comments:

  1. Incredibly close! I think I may like the Dainty Doll one even more :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely, and not too shabby a price!

      Delete
  2. Haha I could tell which blusher you meant by the title! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does really have that status doesn't it, that cult blusher :D

      Delete
  3. I love the Dainty Doll Packaging xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely, really feels like a luxurious product x

      Delete
  4. I love it! so close to NARS! I love the sales fragrance direct have! xo

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this off amazon the other day, in the sale too! It's gorgeous!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful, looks a lot like rose gold too!
    Today I'm reviewing the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried any of their foundations?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!