Tuesday, 19 February 2013

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Review

Hello lovely ladies. 

I'm not someone that makes new years resolutions, but at the end of last year I was looking in mirror & thought to myself "In 2013 I'd like to get my skincare routine under control". I tend to be very lazy when it comes to facial skincare, and will buy something if its on offer, or on a whim & most of the time it doesn't work for me. So, enter the Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. 


The Effaclar Duo is aimed at skin with "Sever Imperfections" which I think sums up my skin quite well, I am quite prone to break outs as well as general bad texture. The cream like gel is pretty much an all rounder, for unclogging pores, protect against break outs & well as reducing the size of current break outs, eliminating dead skin cells as well as being mattifying & it can also be used as a make up base. So basically it promises to be a skin savior in a tube!


The cream itself isn't really a cream, its more of a half cream half gel, and almost wet feeling. I was a little unsure at first how much to apply, so I apply a thin layer everywhere I have problem skin, which to be honest is most of my face! But, the main question, is does it actually work? 

Well, to be honest , yes! I really want to say no, but it really does. The first night I used it (to leave it to work its magic over night) I woke up & expected to wake up with the skin of a model, but that just wasn't the case. But after a week and a half of using it, every problem area just looks a little clearer, a little brighter, a bit smoother, just a bit nicer all round! I've tried to use it as a make up base which does work, but you need to let it sink in before starting the rest of the face. 

Unfortunately, the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo doesn't come cheap, which is why I really didn't want to like it! It costs £13 for just 40ml, which I'm hoping will last quite a long time! It's available from Boots, and if you fancy anything else from the range, or even just two, it's currently on offer for 2 items for £15, making it a more reasonable £7.50 an item. 

Have you ladies tried this? Tell me your skin savior? 

X

2 comments:

  1. I really rate your views they do make me consider items I was looking as purchasing. I looked at this as I've wanted to try the range but I thought it was for major breakouts but for brightness and pore unblockingness (new word!) I think you've swayed me.
    I'd tell you my skin saviour but I don't have one :(

    charlieandthebeautyfactory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. good review, I haven't actually heard of this cream before! It sounds pretty good:)! My skin saviour is 'Simple 12 hour daily moisturiser' I looooove it! (I have sensitive skin so its the only thing I rely on haha!) xxx

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!