Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Seventeen Doll'd Up 24 Hour Curl Mascara & 3 Way Liquid Eyeliner Review

Hello lovelies. 

I've been hunt for a new mascara for a while, so when I spotted a "new product" stand in Boots I went to investigate, and by investigate I mean purchase! It was a new mascara by Seventeen (They seem to have dropped the numbers & re-branded as letters) called Doll'd up, so I thought I'd give a little review. 


Doll'd Ups packing is a really sweet black & red tube, with a sweet bow printed on one side. I'm usually a bit "meh whatever" when it comes to mascara packaging, but I do actually really like this one.


The brush is what is I would describe as spikey, not fluffy which I personally prefer & spooned. I like spoon brushed as I really do find they make a difference & it helps to scoop up every lash. 


The mascara itself is fantastic, it's a really buildable coverage, which I personally prefer to one coat mascaras as I find they make my lashes to thick. It applies really nicely & evenly, a good thumbs up from me! 


Next up is the Doll'd Up 3 way liquid eyeliner. I have to say I wasn't really in the market for another black liquid eyeliner but this was a new release promotional freebie with the mascara, so who was I to say no! 


When I opened up the eyeliner I was surprised to find it had 3 prongs, and I can't really work out why. I know it says 3 ways but liquid eyeliner only really has one purpose doesn't it?! I swatched in the sideways with the 3 prongs & it just made 3 lines, close together but not close enough to make a very thick line, and I then turned it over & swatched it on it's side to make a thinner line. 


I then tried to use it as a liner, and although it's fine when it's used on its side its a little bit cumbersome & difficult to use, however I do tend to use extremely fine tipped eyeliners so I think its just bigger than I'm used to. It's a fine eyeliner & I'm gunna stick it in my handbag but nothing to write home about.

Doll'd Up is currently on an introductory price offer of £5.29 (£6.99 after) here & also has the free gift of the eyeliner. Just over £5 well spent in my opinion! 

So ladies, just out of interest, whats your favourite mascara? High end or drugstore?

X

9 comments:

  1. ooh the mascara looks lovely! i think that i heard somewhere that the three prongs of the eyeliner are meant so that you can dot it along your lash line and it gives a more natural look than a line - don't quote me on that though!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ok, I see! I'm not sure I'd have a steady enough hand to carry that off!

      Delete
  2. The mascara looks really great but the eyeliner is just weirding me out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a odd shaped, I can see where they were coming from I'm just not steady handed enough for it

      Delete
  3. I really like the look of the liner! I think it has 3 prongs so you can dot it along the lash line so it's not as harsh and just makes your lashes look darker & fuller!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ok thank you lovely! I'm going to give that a go, and hopefully I won't be too shaky to carry it off! I think because I normally use a really really fine nibbed liner I'm just not use to a thicker one :) x

      Delete
  4. Hmmm not so sure about the liner - looks like it just complicates things (and I'm not very good at applying it to start with!). The mascara looks lovely though - I generally find 17 mascaras are good, especially Va Va Voom :)

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this mascara too! Doing a review soon :-) I've not really got to grips with the eyeliner either, I watched a video where it says to dot it in between eyelashes to make them look thicker. Though when I tried it looked just messy!! May have another go xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bought this recently and found its aweome to create a cute little triple flick

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!