Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Current Hair Care Routine

Hello lovelies. 

I used to be someone that never bothered with any, and I mean any hair care. The cheapest shampoo & conditioner possible, hair dryer on full & yes I was one of those with the poke straight GHD hair, and yet for some reason I was always confused at why my ends were a labyrinth of split ends on splint ends. So in the last year I've really made an effort to try and keep my hair in at least some what of a better condition. 


5 little products that make the world of difference! 


VO5 Heat Protect Styling Spray - £3.69 here.
I've been using more styling tools on my hair recently & I've been told time and time again by hair dressers / bloggers / friends how important heat protecting spray is, so I decided to go for a cheapy one. I really like the spray but the "fabulous new fragrance" smells a little Lynx-ish to me, but it does the job and at under £4 it's a good cheap one. 

 
Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment - £9.68 for 30mls here.
I cannot rave about this product enough. Over several months of use it's helped my hair go from straw to something that actually feels like real hair! It's on the expensive end of things but I honestly think it's worth every single penny. I bought mine (125ml bottle) bottle on Buyapowa around 6 months ago for about £21 and it's around half full, so I'm hoping it comes back around soon! 


Tigi Bed Head Control Freak Serum - £7.05 here.
This! This is the best straightening serum I've ever tried, and I've tried a lot. It really does leave the hair nice & straight, with no horrible build up, or my least favourite, claggy hair! It smells fairly fruity & sweet which gets a big thumbs up! I will certainly be ordering another one once this one starts getting low. 


DGJ Berutti Hair Oil - £7.99 for 150ml here
I use this in between using the Macadamia as it's a much cheaper alternative! It's almost the same as the Macadamia, just a touch less nourishing but it again doesn't leave any horrible build up & absorbs in to the hair really nicely & quickly. 


Tangle Teezer - £10.20 here.
This is the only one of the 5 items I honestly couldn't live without. I hate, and I mean hate, having my hair brushed. At the hair dresser I always ask to do it myself because I can't stand the RIPPING that most of them favour, however I don't blame them because I have long, very thick (once referred to as horse hair by one frustrated hair dresser)  hair that's impossible to tame, that is until I tried the Tangle Teezer! It slides through my hair with ease, and most importantly it doesn't hurt! These get a mixed review but I'd say if your like me & find normal hair brushing painful, give it a whirl, it may just change your life! It also has made a real difference to my split ends, I think because I'm not ripping through the hair! Dragons Den you were fools for rejecting this one!

So ladies, that's my hair care routine, but as I still would place myself in the "learner" category what item or items could you not live without? 

X

3 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the Macademia oil xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try the Tangle Teezer for such a long time! This has given me the push to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Macadamia Oil sounds lovely - I'm running out of hair products so I might have to steal some ideas from this post! x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!