Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Skinetica Review

Hello lovelies. 

I've read so many rave reviews about Skinetica, so when I was given in the Bristol Bloggers Meet Up goodie bag I was super excited, hailed as a skin savior by many I had high hopes for it.


The bottle has a fairly simple design, in blue, green & white. The front of the bottle is splashed with a lot of claims including:

Fast acting skin clearing
Kind to skin
Dermatologically tested
No side effects
Non greasy
No harsh chemicals
Non toxic & non staining

A lot of claims I'm sure you'll agree. So I was excited to give this a try! After a week of testing it I must admit I have quite mixed feelings about it! First off, it stinks. It really, really stinks. I can't quite put my finger on it but it smells like a mixture of alcohol & honey, but the honey scent isn't muted, it is very full on and lingers way to long on the skins. The alcohol scent isn't exactly surprising, as after water, alcohol is the main ingredient, which is extremely, extremely drying. I have fairly soft skin, but after applying this once the skin on my face felt really rough & dry! HOWEVER, having said all of that, there is one, really annoying problem with Skinetica...

It works, it really works! 

I had a little break out on my chin last week, and though I'd test out how well it worked on breakouts. I applied it JUST to the effected area, really carefully as my skin had only just about recovered from using it like a toner as many people had suggested, and within a day the redness was completely gone, within two days the spots had completely gone. So just as I was about to write off Skinetica as not for me, I found that it does really have it's benefits!

So, I am still a bit torn, as a toner no way, it's far to harsh for my skin, but for breakouts it's perfect, I just wish it didn't smell quite so terrible! 

Skinetica retails for £9.99 here including P&P. 

So ladies have you tried Skinetica? How did you ladies use it? Did you find it very drying?

X

2 comments:

  1. I got a sample of this in one of my beauty boxes, am yet to try it though xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try mine just directly on spots instead of all over - it contains ethyl alcohol, which isn't a good alcohol for your skin xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!