Sunday, 28 April 2013

April Empties

Hello lovelies.

It's nearly the end of the month, so you know what that means, empties time!


I have to say, it's a bit of a poor effort on my part this month!


One. V05 Nourish Me Truly Shampoo.
I had high hopes for the shampoo as I've loved all the V05 Conditioners I've had, but this was a bit of a disappointment. It left my hair feeling really dry, and I'm glad I didn't buy the larger size! I wouldn't purchase again.

Two. TREsemme Platinum Strength 60 Second Treatment Shot.
I am not the biggest fan of TREsemme in general, the shampoo & conditioner just doesn't work for me, but when I spotted these treatment shots in Superdrug at half price I thought I'd give it a go. It's nice, not bad but not great, and at full price these are £1.50 each, which I'd argue you could get a half decent mask for a couple more quid. I might repurchase when it was on offer though as it did leave my hair feeling soft.


Three. Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Shower Gel. 
Please tell me I'm not the only one making a bit of a way through their Christmas themed stuff?! I love Bath & Body Works, everything smells amazing and really lasts on the skin. The only problem is getting hold of them in the UK, this large bottle I bought here, at around £10 a bottle it's not cheap but it's worth every penny. It's also not tested on animals, so another bonus! I've already got a mini shower gel from Bath & Body Works & I'm deffo going to get a couple more! 

Four & Five. Sephora Shower Gel Pods. 
Why Sephora, why won't you love the UK and just open a Sephora every 2 streets like it is in the US?! I love these shower gel pods, they are fantastic as it's just enough for one wash & it's fun to pick & choose day to day. Cotton Flower was a pretty standard soap smell, but Caramel is amazing, it smelt exactly like waffles! I have quite a few more of these, but if I'm lucky enough to be near a Sephora any time soon I'll be stocking up! 

Six. The Body Shop Shower Gel in Mango.
This is a staple for me, I've had more of these shower gels than I've had hot dinners! They are thick & foam up nicely, and are constantly on offer, so I will almost certainly buy another at some point! Although possibly not mango as I've had so many mango scented things recently I feel a bit sick of it! 


Seven. Benefit B.Right Refined Finish Facial Polish. 
I loved this face scrub, it's just perfection. It's scrubby without feeling really harsh. The problem is the price. As much as I'd love to repurchase at just under £17 a bottle it's fairly expensive, although it does last a long time. Maybe if I'm feeling really flush! 


Eight. Sanctuary Instant Hydrating Toner. 
For some reason, I really didn't think I was going to like this, and that's possibly because Sanctuary isn't a brand I'm familiar with. But I actually really liked it, it was really refreshing and my skin and left my skin feeling lovely. I've already bought another brand of Toner, but if that one doesn't live up to my expectations I might buy this one again.

Nine. Nspa Melting Cleansing Gel. 
I really don't get on with melting cleansers and this was no exception. I just end up using way to much, and I never find it melts quite as much as it claims! I wouldn't repurchase, but I have other NSPA bits I'm trying out at the mo. 


Ten. Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm. 
I was sent this from America, but these aren't available in the U.K, yet! I've heard that these are going to be making an appearance this year, so I will be going out and grabbing a few because they are fab, they taste really nice and leave the lips soft. 


Eleven. Essie Good To Go Topcoat.
I've finally had to admit that this top coat has gooped up way to much to use, which is such a shame as it was fantastic, it dried in another 30 seconds and kept my nail varnish chip free for at least a couple of days. I'm not sure if I'm going to repurchase this or possibly try something new, but this is a really good top coat! 

So that's it, I said it was a bit of a poor effort but it's not too bad, seeing as most of them are full sized products, but I'm hoping to do better next month! 

How about you ladies? Have you finished much this month?

X

1 comment:

  1. nice selection! cant wait to try the baby lips :) x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!