Monday, 1 April 2013

Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask

Hello lovelies. 

I mentioned in my empties post last week I finally had enough empty pots to take back to Lush to get a free fresh face mask. Having not tried one before I asked for advice from the forever helpful Lush staff, and after a quick sniff of a couple I went for the Brazened Honey mask. 


As with all the Fresh Face masks, they are preservative free & have a short expiry date so they need to be kept in the fridge, and although I understand why this has always put me off purchasing one as I worry I'll forget to use them before they go off. 


The face mask is a thick consistency & an off yellow in colour. The mask contains lots of skin goodies including herbs, spices, fruit and of course honey, as well as ground almonds which gives the mask a scrubby, rougher consistency than the other fresh face masks. 

 
An obviously, I couldn't do a face mask post without an obligatory snap of me looking silly with the mask on! I put the mask on & left it for around 10 minutes before washing it off, and because it's kept in the fridge it's fairly cold when applying but it dries quite stiffly, and strangely when it's on the skin it smells less of honey and more aniseed-ish! When washing it off the scrub is quite rough but I really like that, and it left my skin feeling really clean & smooth, a bit of a winner! 

Although I wasn't sure on this mask before I tried it, I would actually really recommended it, now I've just got to remember to use it before it goes off, but if I still love it as much as I did this time I will deffo buy another! 

Have you ladies tried any of the fresh face masks? Which would you recommend?

X

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely and cupcake is my favourite Lush mask xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't like mint but Mask of Magnaminty is really nice. Also Cosmetic Warrior, but it doesn't smell particularly good x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!