Thursday, 25 April 2013

New To Boots - Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mermaid's Tale

Hello ladies.

Boots has been having a real stock update recently, and when I popped in a couple of days a go there was a brand new stand, a Sally Hansen stand. I've previously had Sally Hansen nail varnishes so I was instantly intrigued, and obviously, ended up in a purchase.


I went for Mermaids Tears, a gorgeous dark blue with green & blue sequins inside. The Sally Hansen bottles are squared at the bottom and rounded at the top, with a silver brush lid, with a minimal brand sticker. 


The Complete Salon Manicure bottles have very wide, very flat brushes, something I personally love as I find it easier to apply the polish more smoothly! 


I applied to two coats to the nail wheel, and as you can see the base colour is a dark blue but quite sheer, and the glitter is made up of small dark blue dots, and bigger blue & green sequins. I quite like the sheer element to the polish, but you could layer this nail varnish over a dark blue base for more of a statement nail. 

The Complete Salon Manicure are what I'd call a mid-priced nail varnish, at £6.99, not quite £10 but not far off! I can't seem to find Mermaids Tears on the Boots website, but you can find other colours here, however the new stands seem to of replaced the Une stands, so if you had a Une stand it may be worth checking out your local Boots. 

So ladies, have you had any Sally Hansen nail varnishes before? Do you think you might be checking out the new stands?

X

2 comments:

  1. Aww this is gorgeous! I saw it in Boots but didn't swatch it or anything, so glad you have though as now I'm tempted to buy it. :P

    http://brokenprophetblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally Hansen is really making a comeback, I love it!
    And I love this shade
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!