Friday, 12 April 2013

NYC In A New York Minute Quick Drying Top Coat

Hello ladies. 

Last week I had to admit that my beloved Essie Quick Dry top coat had finally got too thick & goopey to use, which was very annoying as I still had around half a bottle left! So as someone who paints their nails regularly, I needed another, quick! With limited funds & a good recommendation I picked a cheapy one up in Superdrug, NYC's A New York Minute Quick Drying Topcoat. 


NYC isn't a brand I've used much, so I wasn't really sure what to expect from it. As far as packaging goes it's pretty standard, a plain bottle with a see through sticker. 


The first thing I noticed about the NYC top coat was it's consistency, it has to be the thinnest top coat I've ever come across, it's closer to water than nail varnish. But for a cheap top coat that is fairly normal, so I gave it a little test. It applied quite nicely, the brush is a little more fanned out than I'd like but because it's so watery it doesn't really matter. 

There is however one problem with the NYC. It isn't quick drying. At all. It took about a minute for it to semi dry, and several more minutes for it to stop being annoying & tacky, and I did have to re do several nails because I thought it was dry & in fact it was still a little tacky. The Essie top coat I had was completely dry within a minute, so maybe I was expecting too much from it, but it dried slower than any nail I own, and as it claims to be quick drying! As for protecting from chips it does fairly well, several days chip free, so not all is lost, I just don't think I can use a non quick drying top coat anymore!

If you wanted to try the NYC top coat for yourself, it costs £1.79 from Superdrug here, however I will be replacing this soon! 

Have you ladies tried this top coat? Could you recommend a quick drying top coat that isn't a bank breaker?

X

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping you were going to say it was good! haha I want a cheap top coat too but I just don't think that exists haha! good post though:) xo

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seche Vite is an amazing top coat, I used to see it raved about on other blogs and got some for myself at Christmas. It's usually pretty pricey but it's on sale at Amazon right now at half price x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!