Sunday, 12 May 2013

Barry M Nail Art Pen in White

Hello ladies.

I'll start this review by saying I'm not Barry M's biggest fan when it comes to nail varnish, they do some things well, but 9 times out of 10 I'm left wishing it was a slightly more vibrant colour, more glitter / bigger glitter, and so on. 

But when I spotted the new nail art pens I uhmmed & arred for a few days, and finally caved! Nail art is something I am so impressed by, but just cannot seem to do on myself! I find it really difficult to do both hands evenly, if at all!


The Barry M nail art pens comes in a plastic tube that kind of looks like a marker pen. The shape is what drew me in to buying it, figuring it would be easier to hold!

 The nib, unlike most nail art tools, is like a stiff felt tip rather than a wire pin. To get the nail varnish flowing you need to first shake the pen & then press the nib in to the body of the pen, but a handy tip, only press it in once or twice, as other wise too much will come out & you'll end up with a massive nail varnish splodge! 

So, what did I think of the pen? Well it's good, not great. First off the pen is a little bit too short, so it's hard to get a good grip on it, which isn't so bad when using the right hand (if you're right handed!) but when switching over to the left hand it's harder to steady the pen. The colour however is good, it's thick and is opaque over nearly any colour. It's much easier to use than any other nail art method I've ever tried, and I did manage a half decent polka dot nail, but I think I would still struggle with anything more complicated! 

Barry M seems to be bringing out a new nail trend item every month at the moment, but these cost £4.99 here, and they come in 4 colours - white, black, pink & silver. I do think they are just a bit over priced for what it is, but seeing as Barry M always seems to be on deal I'm sure you could get it for a little cheaper! 

So ladies, have you tried these pens? Or could you maybe recommend me one?  One for a total beginner? 

X

4 comments:

  1. These look really good. I don't get on with the wire/pin style nail art pens and usually end up scratching my base colour some these look like they could solve that problem. I look forward to testing them!
    Jodie xx
    Future Freaks Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this yesterday too. I also liked doing polka dot patterns. I had to do writing too for a post. I wish it came with some ideas for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very handy for quick nail look - I'd like to try them. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good for my little hands xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!