Friday, 17 May 2013

Beauty Swap From Canada

Hello lovelies.

Lets face it, some post is just more exciting that others, and a beauty swap is about the most exciting type of post there is! I recently joined a group on Facebook called Be A Beauty Correspondent, a group dedicated to setting up international beauty swaps, which is fantastic fun & a really nice way to try new products from new countries. So I thought I'd share what I received in my box with you lovely lot. 


She sent me a really lovely varied box. 


Revlon Custom Eyes palette, really pretty eye shadows & I don't think we have these here (correct me if I'm wrong!) so I'm excited to try this. 
Essence eyeshadow singles & mini lipglosses that will be fab for my bag. 
Nail rock nail wraps, I've never tried these before so it will be fun to give them a whirl. 
There's another eyeshadow palette here too but I'm not sure where it's from but the colours look super pretty.


St Ives Deep Restoring Body Lotion. The only St Ives item I'm even aware of is the scrub, but it's nice to see something else from them.
Elf flawless eyeshadow smokey eye look palette, I've never seen this offering from Elf & I'm looking forward to giving this a go. 
Essence Gel Eyeliner Brush, I actually really needed one of these so this is really handy!
Elf Eyeshadow brush, I have one of these and it's actually a really nice brush so happy to find this. 


Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Body Lotion. This seems to be a firm favourite among many American bloggers & I can see why, it's a really nice floral scent without being a full flowers up the nose experience. I love the Bath & Body works lotions so was really happy to receive this. 
Bath & Body Works Anti Bacterial hand sanitizers in Fresh Picked Strawberries & Berry Sangria. I use these anti bacs every day, and they are fantastic, they are so highly scented so they don't have the horrid alcohol smell. I love fruit scents so these are both so up my street!
Hand Sanitizer holder. This is a sleeve for sticking your hand gels in & attaching to your keys or your jacket, which is super handy as they do sometimes get lost in my bag. 


Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom body lotion. This is a massive full sized bottle so I'm going to have all the B&BW lotion for as long as I want! I love this smell, it smells very clean almost like a cotton scent. 
Pure Calmille 2 in 1 toner & cleanser from Yves Rocher. I've never tried anything from this brand before but I know that people love it so I'm looking forward to trying this. 


EOS lip balm in Lemon Drop. I love the EOS lip balms, they are fantastic and I love the egg shape, I've tried the summer fruits before but not the lemon so I'm happy to have another! 
Essence Colour Arts Eye Base. This is an eyelid primer that is more of a glitter glue, very sticky so I'm going to use this to glue down pigments.
Essence Lip Balm. I love lip balms so always happy to try them! 
Hard Candy roll on eye shadow. I've heard that people really love Hard Candy products so I'm excited to try that. 


Stila Striking In South Beach palette. I love Stila, there products are really good & I've loved everything I've tried from them so I love this. 
Essence Liquid Ink Black Eyeliner. I love eyeliner but I struggle with liquid, but its good to have something to practice with. 
Nivea lip balm. I've tried these before and I've actually finished a few so it's cool to have another. 
Burts Bees Milk & Honey body lotion. This is one of my favourite body lotions so this will be really handy to take away with me (should I ever venture further than my local city center!) 
Lip Smackers Lip Balm in Strawberry Ice Cream. I used to love lip smackers when I was little so this is really nostalgic for me! 


Loads of samples in a pretty pouch. I love samples & tend to hoard them a little so they are going straight in my samples box. 


Canada postcard & cat note pad. I love the fact she added a Canadian postcard to the box!


Maynards Swedish Berries & Fish sweeties (or Candy!) these look amazing & I've never had the berries before so I doubt these will last very long! 

So, if you wanted to give swapping internationally there might be a few things you'd want to know, so I thought I'd give a few little tips. 
  • Find someone to swap with - most people post that they are looking for people to swap with from a particular country as they might have an item in mind. Once you've found someone find out their likes & dislikes & if they want a particular product or not. If they are after something specific make sure you know you can get hold of it before you say you can.
  • Tell them your likes & dislikes too! People aren't mind readers so let them know if you hate eye shadow but love lipstick or you might not love your swap items. 
  • Be trustworthy. As with anything based on trust on the internet, you run the risk of people being untrustworthy & being "swaplifted", i.e you sends theres but yours never arrives. This has happened to me, more than once, but just try to trust your gut. If they seem to be avoiding talking to you around the date you agree to send on, or won't give you a date they are sending on, perhaps don't send yours. 
  • Set a budget. Lots of the time people will be tempted to go way way over budget, but my advice is don't, or only go over a little, or change the budget! As you might find yourself sending a box worth £50 when you only agreed £20, and when yours arrives you may find that they stuck to the budget. It's more than fair that they have as well so don't expect more than the budget. 
  • Agree on all beauty or a beauty / other items mix. Personally, I quite like food items from other countries but others might prefer the budget to go towards make up & body items. 
  • Buy them what they would want, not what you like. Variety is the spice of life, so the colours they might like might not be to your taste, but try to remember the items aren't for you. 
So those are my little tips, they aren't hard and fast rules by any means, but just tips I've found helpful when arranging these swaps! I love swapping, and it's really cool to put together a bunch of items for others too! 

So ladies, have you tried your hand at swapping? Or would you try it? 

X

8 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous of your Bath and Body works stuff xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sooo happy you loved everything! i cannot believe how fast everything got to you! i tried putting a bunch of different brands in there so you can try out a bunch of different things. i am so excited to get your package!:D i cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really want to try an EOS lip balm and bath and body works stuff! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh how fun. American/canadian products look so cool :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such amazing idea! I'm definitely going to look into getting involved.
    Jodie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great swap :-) The sweet pea body lotion sounds gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This swap is such a great idea! I bought B&BW Sweet Pea fragrance mist and 8 of their hand sanitizers when I was on holiday recently, their stuff smells amazing and is really inexpensive too. All of the contents of your package look great :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!