Saturday, 15 June 2013

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in 74 Parfait

Hello lovelies. 

I whole heatedly blame the stress of gift shopping for what happened in Debenhams earlier this week. After several hours shopping for a perfect gift I just couldn't find & a £5 Beauty Card Club voucher burning a hole in my pocket, I found myself two arms deep in a swatch fest, MAC, YSL, and finally Chanel. 


Yep, my swatch fest ended in a purchase. A naughty purchase may I add, as I'm trying to look after money a little more at the moment! But, whats done is done! 


Chanel, oh Chanel! The lipstick comes in the most beautiful packaging. Sleek black high shine plastic with a gold band around the middle, with of course the Chanel intertwined C's on the lid. There is something so iconic about the way everything from Chanel looks. A true luxury look. 


I went for 74 Parfait, a pink with speckles of finely milled glittered. The Rouge Coco Shines are designed to be more sheer than your average lipstick, and give a higher shine. I was between a Coco Shine & one of the new YSL lipsticks, which I believe are called Sheer Candy. I was swatching a selection of them over & over, and what sold the Coco Shine to me was the colour pay off was just slightly more, a bit more of a complex colour. I'm not the boldest when it comes to lip colour, so I do prefer a sheer lipstick, if your more bold in your choices these possibly won't be up your street. 


On the lips, it's a beautifully shiny with just a sweet of colour. It's so gorgeous, and it feels amazing on the lips, really soft & pretty much like lip balm so it feels ultra hydrating on the lips. I was slightly concerned because there is glitter on the lips it might be annoying, but you can't feel it at all. It also has a really unusual taste, it kind of tastes a little soapy, it's not unpleasant but not like other lipsticks I've had before. All in all it's an almost perfect lipstick for me, lip balmy in texture, a subtle sweep of colour & I really, really really, like looking at it! 

They are really quite extravagant in price, at £24.00 (I had a voucher, a voucher I tell you!) it's the most expensive lipstick I own, or probably ever will own. But there is nothing wrong with a bit of extravagance from time to time, so if you wanted to browse the other shades you can do here.

So ladies, tell me has shopping for others ever melted your brain & made you buy something for yourself, when you should of been being good? Please tell me I'm not the only one! 

X

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I haven't got anything more designer than No7. One day I will though, and I'll own lots of Chanel and YSL make up :P
    If I had a voucher, I would of done the exact same, haha!

    Cat, whatcatsays.blogspot.co.uk XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeeee that colour, it's my mission to own more Chanel makeup since buying an eyeshadow with my birthday money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! When you've got a voucher you have to take advantage and buy something more expensive! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty colour - really suits you.

    I went to Debenhams to buy my mum some Chanel perfume once. That day is also known as 'the day I bought the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette'...whoops!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely. It's hard to resist when you know the quality will be so good, as well as such lovely packaging! :)
    Carrie:Brighton xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!