Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Illamasqua Nail Varnish In Pink Raindrops

Hello lovelies. 

I mentioned in my Birmingham Haul last week that I'd finally got to an Illamasqua counter, and of course that ended in a purchase! I actually thought it might be worse, but I managed to walk away with just the one purchase, a nail varnish in Pink Raindrops. 


My main reason for picking up this nail varnish, apart from it being gorgeous, is that I have read 101 rave reviews for Illamasqua nail varnishes, and although I always wanted to I was really wanted to order one I hate hate hate blind buying from the website, without at least seeing one in person! Don't get me wrong I love internet shopping if I know I want something! 


I spent a good while eyeing up all the different nail varnishes, and my heart from the first second said Pink Raindrops, a limited edition shade that came after they were asked again and again for it on Facebook when they hit a certain number of fans. It's a mid toned pinky to lilac colour when it hits the sun, with a grey off white shimmer. As far as packaging goes, it's pretty plain & the plastic lid is actually square, which I personally dislike as I find they can be a little difficult to get a good grip on.


The first thing I noticed when I swatched it was how thick the polish was! The nail varnish, ladies & gents, is a one coat nail varnish! The colour in the bottle applies directly on to the nail in one coat, no need for a second coat at all. It's a beautiful colour and it's shimmery without being a full on glitter explosion. It's beautiful!

However, Illamasqua nail varnishes don't come cheap. At £14.50 each, they are a pricey bunch, but for the right colour I would say they are worth it! You can buy them online here or if your very lucky from an Illamasqua counter near you.

So ladies, have you tried any of the Illamasqua nail varnishes? What shade would you recommend?

X

3 comments:

  1. omg this is such a beautiful shade!! want want! being eying this for ages heheheheh :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is lovely :) I wish I had picked it up in the flash sale now!

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never used a one coat polish EVER so even if its expensive id totally give this a go!

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!