Sunday, 9 June 2013

New! Benefit Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer

Hello lovelies. 

I mentioned a while ago that I attended the Benefit Stay Flawless event in Bristol which was really cool & at the event we were all really kindly given the new 15 hour primer to try, so I've been giving a bit of a road test, so here's my little review.


The Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer comes in a tube which isn't too unlike a Pritt Stick! I think the packaging is really cute, with a clear dotty lid & a black base with what I'd called "very Benefit" lettering. I think it's really cute!


Once you pop the lid off, the product itself is a light beige colour which when applied dries clear, that twists up from the tube (again, much like a Pritt Stick) that you apply directly on to your face from the tube, moving in a circular motion. This primer claims to keep your make up looking fresh for up to 15 hours, which I think you will agree is quite the claim!

The reason I haven't reviewed this sooner is because this primer claims to last up to 15 hours, so I wanted to give it a proper test on a day where I knew I would be out and about, running around seeing just how well it held up, and as I mentioned a few posts ago here, I went to Birmingham a few days ago for a shopping trip, so I thought that + the fact it was quite a warm day would be the perfect test.

This primer is meant to do something completely different to Porefessional. Porefessional is a primer to smooth over pores & blur fine lines, Stay Flawless is meant to stick down make up, and is described as a "make up magnet". So I applied it straight to my face, and the first thing that I noticed was that it was very sticky. I think as I normally used Porefessional I was a wee bit shocked by it! But I carried on applying it & put my BB cream (Dr Jart Water Fuse) over the top, grabbed my bag & headed to Birmingham. 

When we were in Birmingham I did a whole lot of walking, plus we were half melted to death in Selfridges (seriously, turn up the air con! I saw a couple of cream blushers turning in to blusher soup!) so I didn't have the highest hopes for it, but when I was back home & taking my make up off I realised I was taking off a lot more make up than normal, i.e there was still quite a lot to take off! I left the house at 8am, and got back around 9pm, and didn't take my make up off until around 10pm so it did last, and last and last for around 14 hours, which is quite impressive! 

I can see this primer being the bees knees if you find that your make up slides off your face throughout the day or if your very lucky & going somewhere lovely and sunny this summer. However I would say try before you buy, as move over "make up magnet" this is make up glue!

The Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer is due for release around the 29th of June & will cost around £24.50.

So ladies, what do we think? Will you be giving this a little test when it's out?

X

1 comment:

  1. It look like Topshop packaging to me! Interesting sounding, I might have to check it out just to see how sticky it is!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!