Sunday, 2 June 2013

Nicole OPI Modern Family Nail Varnish In She's Lily Something

Hello lovelies. 

A few weeks back I was in Superdrug & notice a new stand, a Nicole for OPI stand. I'd seen these polishes around the blogosphere & online but never actually in person, so being a bit of a nail varnish addict I rushed over. Now before I even got there I knew which one I wanted, one I'd seen online & around and had lusted over, but never got round to buying, She's Lily Something from the Modern Family collection, but when I got there they had an abundance of every other colour, bar that one. So I left empty handed. 

I checked for weeks, and finally they had about 3 in the stand & I grabbed one with both hands! Modern Family is an American series I think that's exclusively shown on Sky 1 here, and one of my favourite TV shows at the moment.


I have to say, the Nicole by OPI bottles have to be my least favourite bottle for any nail varnish I've ever seen. It's rounded but also slanted, so the brush only reaches around half way down, which isn't such a problem when the nail varnish is new, but once you've used it a few times your probably going to have to tip it every time. So not really sure what she (she being Nicole) was going for. As far as I'm aware Nicole is one of the Kardashians, which I thought were meant to be a stylish bunch! 


But I didn't buy it for the bottle, I bought it for the nail varnish! It's a girly pink shimmer with hot pink stars. If you've read this blog for a while you will of probably spotted I can't resist nail varnish with stars in, it's a weakness! Even though its a bloody nightmare to take off, but I seem to forget that every time I buy a new one. 


Here I've swatched two thin coats & as you can see the nail varnish is very very sheer, but if you wanted something a bit more full on you could layer it over another pink, because I think you would need at least 4 coats to get anything even resembling full coverage. The stars are really packed in so you don't need to sit & fish for ages, which I personally cannot stand! It might not have the best coverage but I kind of like the fact it's subtle as I have a lot of very loud nail varnishes!

You can now buy Nicole OPI's from Superdrug here for £7.99, including the full Modern Family range, from Superdrug but they don't seem to have She's Lily Something on the website.

So ladies, who's your favourite Modern Family character? Mine would probably be Cam! 

X

3 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! I don't mind the sheerness, I would just use this over white or a light pink.

    http://kittiecosmetics.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the stars! I agree with Katy, it'd look lovely over white :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this Hun xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!