Sunday, 21 July 2013

Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hour Lipstick In Never-Ending Pink

Hello lovelies. 

I've actually had this lipstick for a while now, and only just got round to reviewing it! I'm always really, really wary of lipsticks or glosses that claim to last any amount of time, so when I won a Maybelline Super Stay Lipstick from Fabulous magazine, my first thought was "I bet not" and my second thought was "Well, I will try anything!" so on to the review. 


The Maybelline 14 hour lipstick comes in a see through bullet with a white plastic lid. I have to stay, not fantastic looking packaging & I've seen "drug store" (I hate that term so much, but the "Boots/Superdrug store isn't any better!) packaging executed a lot better, so poor effort Maybelline! 


As I won this, I didn't pick the shade, but the shade I was sent was 110 Never-ending Pink, which I was pleased with as I tend to lean towards pink lips! The tip of the lipstick is much thinner than other brands like MAC, so it makes it easier to apply to my tiny mouth! 


Swatched it's a semi matte mid pink, it's quite bright for me but I actually really like it when applied to the lips. 

But, the most important question of all, does it last 14 hours? Well, no. Well, it could, if you plan not to eat, drink or move your mouth for 14 hours. This isn't to say it's not a hard wearing lipstick that lasts a fairly long time. Once applied it's fairly tacky on the lips to begin with, but that dries fairly quickly & leaves a small amount of stain on the lips, so once it rubs off you are left with a small amount of colour on the lips. Even though its semi matte I didn't find it drying at all. 

I would say a good effort at a long lasting lipstick, not quite on the mark but not bad at all! I'm going to check out the other 10 shades at some point soon, and you can browse the shades here

So ladies, could any of you point me in the right direct of a longer lasting lipstick? 

X

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate those lipstick claims, so annoying! I find any normal matte lipstick wears just as well if not better - the Sleek ones last a stupid amount of time on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lipsticks never live up to the hype. I love this colour though! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colour, shame though, I suggest the revlon lipsticks.

    Check out my blog for lookfantastic.com discount
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever found a lipstick that lived up to this, haha! But it is a lovely colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always look at these as I love the Maybelline super stay lip glosses. I dind't get on with the 24 hour ones from them though. I've found the Avon Perfect Kiss lipstick and the colour trend lip stix both last 5-6 hours (both reveiwed on the blog) but I have red shades in these which always tend to last better :) M xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shades really pretty, especially for summer and winter. :) Shame it doesn't last 14 hours, but who wants a lipstick to stay in place that long anyway?! :P

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!