Friday, 16 August 2013

Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne Review

Hello lovelies. 

I'm going to start this review off by saying I've never wanted a perfume so much on first sniff. Ever! Jo Malone was one of those companies that I was aware of, and even though they have a sizeable boutique in Harvey Nichols right next to a Space NK that I've spent far too much time in, I never ventured in. Until I thought I'd finally go and give them a sniff. After feeling a little overwhelmed I spotted Earl Grey & Cucumber on the shelf and instantly knew I'd probably love it, and I did! 


First up, I have to say even though I usually love all the glitter & sparkle on everything, I do really like the clean cut minimalism of Jo Malone products. Think lots of cream and black with clean cut lines. 


So what does it actually smell like? Well, as with most Jo Malone perfumes, it smells like what it says it is! Tea! It has an incredibly rich Earl Grey smell which hits the spicy edge of Earl Grey whilst still being feminine. But as well as Earl Grey there is just a hint of lemon and freshness from the cucumber. Think the overall scent of an afternoon tea! I can't think of a more quintessentially english perfume if I tried! The lasting power is pretty impressive, it stays as strong as when its first sprayed for around 4 hours but I can still smell it all day.

However, these Jo Malone perfumes, or colognes as they are actually called, do not come cheap. In fact, they are far from cheap. The smallest size is 30 ml (which is the size I have) is £39! The full sized 100ml bottle is an eye watering £79! However they are pretty special, and very very different to run of the mill perfume, so if you fancy a big treat these might be worth a sniff! You can browse the range online here

So ladies, ever sniffed a Jo Malone perfume? What did you think? 

X

4 comments:

  1. This sounds gorgeous but I probably wouldn't spend that much! SO lucky you got that voucher.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really tempted by these as so many people say they last a long time which sadly with a lot of fragrances isn't always the case.

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to smell this so badly now, it sounds wonderful! I love Jo Malone stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!