Wednesday, 11 September 2013

NEW From MUA - Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tint in Stay & Diamonds

Hello lovelies. 

I recently spotted on the MUA Facebook page that they were bringing out a new product, eyeshadow tints. I was automatically excited, as they looked fairly similar to another recent product from MUA, the Power Pout Colour Intense Lip Tints, review here, which are essentially Chubby Stick dupes, so I was excited to try these, which looked like a dupe for a Chubby Sticks for eyes! 


I came across them yesterday in Superdrug and true to MUA, no testers! So I picked up the two I thought I'd like the most, Stay which looked like a beige/goldy colour and diamonds which looked like a light pink. 


First up, Diamonds. As with the chubby stick for eyes, essentially it's a fat crayon for the eyes, that comes in plastic packaging that twists up from the bottom. Swatch on the hand it's a light pink with lots of shimmer (from what I could tell all the colours were quite shimmery) that gives it a gold undertone. 


Here's where I thought it would either make or break the product, on the eyes! I was initially a little concerned that the stick was quite firm, and I thought it might be a little rough when applying it to the eyes, but the formula is a glossy cream that was really easy to apply and I didn't find that it caught or snagged at all. However, because of the shape it did feel ever so slightly like when I was little, getting the Crayolas out and giving myself a good ol' crayon make over (who else used to do this?!) but bar that it was really nice to apply. 


Next up is Stay, which I guess at being a beige but swatched on the hand it turned out to be more of a sandy gold colour.


Again, on the eyes it applied really nicely and evenly, and I originally thought I'd like diamonds more but I really like this shade on the eyes, it's a really nice mid shade. 

One thing I was worried about was creasing, but the glossy sheen helps to stop the creasing so it's stays looking smooth pretty much all day, but if you really wanted to make it last I'd pop a little bit of primer on underneath. 

As with all MUA they are pretty affordable, at £3 each here. They come in 6 shades for now, but I'm hoping they will add a few more as I really like them! 

So ladies, have you tried anything new from MUA? What did you think? 

X

(P.S for the super pale photos but I'm a little under the weather!)

4 comments:

  1. these look really pretty- I hope there's a superdrug up near the boy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay looks so pretty, it really suits you :)
    Great review! Hope you feel better soon :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got two of these to try out, I was worried that they would pull the eye so its good to hear that they don't!

    I hope you feel better soon. x


    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!