Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Paris & Disneyland Paris Haul

Hello lovelies. 

Today, as I mentioned in my last post, I've got a haul post for you. I love reading these posts, as I nosey person I love seeing what people have bought, even in real life I'm a "what's in your bag, show me your things!" sort of person! Firstly I'd like to apologize for the quality of these photos, they were taken at gone midnight the day we got back, because as well as being a nosey person I'm a unpack the second I get home sort of person to! 


Ok so before we get started, I just wanted to put the usual disclaimer in here, I am in no way bragging, it was my birthday whilst I was over there and I had some birthday money. I did over do it slightly but I'll be honest - I knew I would before I even set foot in Paris!


First thing I picked up was this magnet from Platform 3/4 from the shop in Kings Cross, total honesty here, I was a little disappointed with the shop, it was really small and the reason I popped in there was to pick up a chocolate frog, which they had but not in the boxes, in usual chocolate plastic wrapping for £6.99, so I picked up this magnet to console my lack of chocolate frog! 


Well, I couldn't go to France & not pick up any Bioderma could I?! I have been using Sebium for over a year and I couldn't live without it now, and as I had about a 1/3 of a bottle left I picked up another big one whilst I was there, because its so much cheaper. I also picked up a mini Crealine as I haven't tried it before, and again it was pretty cheap. I picked them up in a little pharmacist for 13 euros for the 500ml, and 3.50 for the small, which comes to around £13 which is a pretty good deal, seeing as I've paid £14 just for the big bottle previously. 

 
Next up was Sephora, which although isn't quite as good as the ones in America, I still managed to spend some money! They also chucked me in a really lovely Dior face cream sample as a freebie.


First up was some of the Sephora own range, a Mango shower gel & a blueberry hand wash. I've had the Sephora shower gel single use pods before and it is fantastic, it lathers up really nicely, and mango is certainly my favourite! My boyfriend actually picked the blueberry hand wash as he liked the smell. I think they were about 7 euros each. We also picked up two new body puffs for about 1.50 each.


This was the more expensive of the purchases, a Make Up Forever Aqua Cream Eyeshadow in number 13. I'm going to do a more in depth post about this soon, but it's just stunning, as was the price! This was either 20 or 22 euros, but I fell in love with it! 


Next up was Laduree, which was my "must must must go to" place, as I've always wanted to go to. My original plan was to pick up lots of macaroons to take home, but when I was in the queue I was given a menu & it said that they would only keep for 3 days in the fridge, so I decided to pick up 6 in a pretty box, which came to about 16 euros, which is expensive, but oh my god, they were beyond delicious. So that was all I was going to get, until I got to the till...


At the till I spotted these amazing Laduree keyrings, in all different colours. As it was really busy, I had time to uhmm and arr, and finally decided I wanted it, at the last second! It was horrifically expensive, I'm almost embarrassed to tell you, but it was a whopping 35 euros, which is about £29, ahhhh! It was a real treat but I love it, and its a stunning addition to my keys!


So next, we popped to the supermarket to pick up some dinner, and I can never help but bring back foodie bits as I love to sample bits from other countries. I picked up some Haribo Dragibus as I'd never seen them before, which were about 1.50 each, and some Bonne Maman biscuits because they never disappoint! I know Milka isn't really french, but these Milka Choco Moo biscuits caught my eye, because they were cows! I've actually already finished these and they were amazing, wish I'd bought more! 


Next up was these two shower gels from Yves Rocher, which I actually went into because we were trying to find our way back to the Metro (tube) and we were on a really busy street, so we popped in to get some space to have a look at the map, and whilst we were in there I realised they were having a sale, and these two shower gels were marked down to 1.50 each, and it smells amazing, just like a freshly opened orange. Not bad for about £2.50 for both!


Next up is the Disneyland haul. I'll say it right now, I over did it, big time! But it was just all to tempting! Disney wasn't exactly cheap either, and if you planning a trip and want to bring back lots of bits, I would say you need to plan to eat rice for a long, long time! I picked up the Disneyland Paris castle magnet early on in the day, because it's so tacky I just love it! I wanted a keyring, and the mickey sorcerer one was really cute, it's a heavy pewter and at 4.99 it was one of the cheaper options. 


Cat lady alert.. I couldn't go on holiday and not buy Tuna a present... or at least that's what I'm telling myself! I didn't know that Disneyland sold cat and dog bowls, but I was in a shop & spotted them and couldn't say no! It has all the Disney cats around the bowl, and its made of a thick plastic. I think this was about 6.99. 


Next up was this Donald Ducj profile pen, which I thought was really cute! I think this was around 5 euros. 


When we first arrived we were both thinking about getting some mickey and minnie ears, or a hat or something as we wanted to get into the Disney spirit, however they were really quite pricey, any where between 12.99 anywhere up to about 20 euros for some of the bigger hats. So we decided to get a couple of pins to wear instead, I picked the slinky with the spring middle which was about 7.99 and my boyfriend picked the Monsters University one, which actually opens up to show the Monsters University cast. 


Next is this Christmas ornament, which I bought at the Christmas shop which is either open all year round or most of the year round. It was marked at 9.99 but scanned at 7.99, score! I thought it would be a nice thing to buy and put on our tree this year to remember the trip. I also picked up a Star Wars Vinylmation, which I already have a few of and think they are adorable. I actually managed to get the only one I really wanted on the first try, Wicket which is an Ewok! I've actually only ever got the one I've wanted which is really lucky as its a blind box, so it really could be any of the set! These are around 12.99 which is pricey but they are a collectors item. 


Next up is something I've already mentioned in my Disney post, the Buzz Lightyear souvenir mug, which at the time had a drink in but now its being used for water, like a proper grown up in a grown up cup...


Last up was this build your own Mr Potato Head, which just had to come home with me! You picked up a box & filled it with all the Disneyland paris bits you wanted, so I tried to get a good selection of bits. I tried to get one of all the Disneyland bits such as the minnie bow & the mickey ears, and I managed to get the box to close! This was about 17 euros, which again is on the pricey side of things but I can't help but giggle every time I look at it! 


Lastly, Paris tack! I love the tackiest tack that is out there, and I always pick up a few bits from anywhere I go. The small magnet I bought from the gift shop from the Eiffel Tour, for around 5 euros. The mug & the mini statue I bought at the train station gift shop in an effort to get rid of the euro change I had! The statue was around 5 euros and the large mug was around 8 euros. 

So that's I bought in Paris, and this is why I'm going to be eating toast for the next 10 years! This is my last Paris post and I'm sad because I've really enjoyed sharing it with you! 

So ladies, who else over does the holiday shopping?

X

13 comments:

  1. I love that pewter keyring and the Slinky pin :D x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I swear to god I could of spent £100's on pins alone!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I love looking at it! x

      Delete
  3. Great buys! Don't be embarrassed by the price of the Laduree keyring, it is worth every single penny because it is so beautiful!
    I've previously bought more macaroons than I wanted so I could have them in a pretty box, I now use the box to store my pill so it was well worth the bucks :) x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to keep bracelets in mine, its such nice quality! I am glad I bought the keyring, I've never been so happy with a till purchase before!

      Delete
  4. such a cute haul...i love paris!!

    Check out and enter my Giveaway!! :-)
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you bought so much lovely stuff! That blueberry hand wash sounds yummy, I'd love some of that stuff myself. :D

    The keyring you bought was expensive, but it'll remind you of your trip and your birthday in Paris, so definitely worth every penny!

    All the things you bought from Disney Land look so nice and even though they were expensive they'll last you for years, eh? :)

    Lastly I LOVE the tat Paris mug that you bought, it looks so nice. :D

    I'm so glad to have read what a lovely time you had in Paris and happy belated birthday to you from me. ^_^

    Keep up the great work hun, I love your blog. :)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks lovely, you are far too kind :D xxxx

      Delete
  6. love everything you got, hope you had an amazing time!x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!