Sunday, 20 October 2013

Bomb Cosmetics Little Hotties - Affordable Wax Tarts

Hello lovelies. 

I have a real soft spot for Bomb Cosmetics. They have similar ethics to Lush, but a large variety of soaps and more importantly, have home fragrance items! As well as a large variety of candles, they also sell Little Hotties, which are essentially small wax tarts. I've actually tried these before thanks to the lovely Ali, but I finally found a shop that sells them in Bristol, so I thought I'd give them a little review for you all. 


The Little Hotties can be bought individually (which you can only do in a shop that stocks Bomb Cosmetics) or by the box, which comes empty and you fill yourself. There are so many fragrances to choose from, 56 different fragrances in total! If your a fan of fruit scents there are a lot of those, as well as more unusual scents such as custard, jelly baby & bottle of bubbly. But what makes these such good value? 


This is how many melts I got for £6.99! I counted & there are 45 in my box. The idea behind the small size of these melt is that you can mix and match the scents to create unique combinations. It's advised to select 3 or 4 different melts and place them all in to one burner, and I've tried 3 and I've tried putting 4 in, and I think that 3 is best, as more than that I find the scent gets lost. 


I placed Apple, Citrus Blast & Lemon in my (dirty - sorry!) tart burner and because they are small they start to melt within a few minutes. But they say good things come in small packages, and they certainly aren't lying, these little melts really pack a punch, as strong if not stronger than any of the wax melts out there. I find that these little melts last around 5 hours before the fragrance starts to disappear. 

These really are good value for money. Even though you have to burn 3 at a time, a box of 45 will turn in to 15 unique fragrances, which if you were buying 15 Yankee tarts would set you back about £19. They are slightly different of course, but you get the idea!

The only problem is unless you live near a stockist you need to order them online here, and you could only (I say only!) pick 5 different fragrances, rather than trying pretty much one of each as I did! But if you do find yourself in a Bomb Cosmetics stockist, I would say give these a good sniff! 

So what do you think lovelies? Tempted? 

X

5 comments:

  1. very tempted, these look great

    Check out my beauty blog and leave me a comment :-)
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing good things about wax tarts! Cheaper than candles I suppose, I'll have to give them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need these! I love the variety and being able to pick it out yourself, sounds like fun! Any chance you could share the Bristol stockist? I need to get my butt down there!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound amazing! However, I don't think I'll be able to try them as the Yankee Candle wax tarts have started to hurt my throat, so I reckon these would be worse, sad to say. :(

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these wee hotties! I did a review on them as well...coming into winter I love lighting candles. Great review xx

    http://thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!