Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Fun Cat Bed Idea

Hello lovelies. 

If you follow me on Instagram you might of already seen this, but I recently got Tuna a new cat bed, and I think it's pretty cool. I originally headed to Pets At Home for one, but once there I was faced with an array of beige, grey and white circular beds, all very boring, all very expensive and just not my style (or his, he's a man of colourful taste) so I left empty handed, and just when I was going to give up I headed into Ikea...


I ended up wandering around in the kids section, when I came across this Ladybird! It's actually meant to be a child's floor chair. It's sold along side another product, which essentially is a large balloon of air to go inside the cover, but I didn't think Tuna would be a fan of trying to balance on a large air bubble, so I picked up the cover and tried to think of something else to go inside. 

After a quick look at the cushions I couldn't find anything that was close to the right shape, so I started thinking about what he likes to sleep on normally, a duvet! I picked up one of Ikea's value duvets at around £4 to pop inside the bed. 

So I started to wander towards the till (not before adding 100 tea lights and a photo frame to my basket, I might add) but not before a quick look around Bargain Corner. If your not familiar with Ikea's Bargain Corner its a corner usually by the tills with items that have been discounted for one reason or enough, usually ex display or it might have a bump or mark on it. My boyfriend was protesting that it was "a load of rubbish" and "nothing good ever in there" I walked straight in & found the ladybird cover, reduced to just £6 as it has two small holes in it. Score! 

So all in all the whole thing cost £10, and looks far more my style than anything else I've found! I'm lucky I live a 5 minute walk from Ikea, but if you don't you can order a full priced (£14) one here, as well as an elephant and a circus ball. Tuna has barely moved off it since I bought it!

So what do we think ladies? Would you like to sleep on a large, squishy ladybird?!

X

4 comments:

  1. I adore this, it looks so cute and comfy!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so a great idea! and fantastic find with the bargain corner :) x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!