Monday, 14 October 2013

Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in Shade 13 & Where To Buy Make Up Forever Online In The UK

Hello lovelies. 

Today I have a review of the Make Up Forever Aqua Cream in shade 13, which I've actually been meaning to review for a while as I actually bought this in Paris, so it's a little overdue!


The Aqua Cream is a multi use cream, that is designed to be used on the eyes, lips or face. It's also waterproof, very waterproof, but more on that later. The packaging is pretty basic, a high plastic screw top pot with a clear bottom. The packaging isn't quite as luxurious as I feel it should be for the price, however it is practical so there is that!


After a lot of umming and arring, I went for shade 13, which is a warm beige with copper undertones. It's also very shimmery, and according to the packaging it's concentrated with mother of pearl to deliver a high shine - ooh fancy! 


I applied it to the eyes as I bought it primarily to be an eyeshadow. It is just beautiful to apply, it's so soft and creamy, almost buttery in texture. It applied really evenly so I snapped this picture after it was on for about an hour to show how well it dries. I gave it a pretty rigorous wear test, I wore it to go shopping where in one day it went from freezing, to boiling, to raining and it held up perfectly, and it still looked almost freshly applied at the end of the day, a complete success. 


So, I mentioned before that it is waterproof, very waterproof. Well, I thought I'd give you a little demonstration. If you've ever been in the mood to wear eyeshadow, but you have a scuba diving lesson, followed by a waterfall tour, and then might fancy a shower but want the eyeshadow to hold up? Read on...


Swatched on the back of my hand, I ran the water over the swatch for about 2 minutes on as high as my water pressure will go. So how did it hold up? 


Perfectly! I'm always skeptical about waterproof products but this really does live up to the name! However its not hard to remove once you have some make up remover, but water won't budge it! 

The only problem with Make Up Forever is it's a bit of a pain to buy in the UK. You can browse all the products here, but it's only stocked in two shops in London. However, one of those stores has an online shop. The website here is slightly clunky, but it does stock a huge amount of Make Up Forever products as well as lots of others. If your interested in shade 13, I've found it here

Make Up Forever products don't come cheap, I would say they fall in to the high end category, as the Aqua Cream costs around £18 in the UK for 6 grams. I believe I paid about 21 euros for it in Sephora (however I can't remember exactly! Selective memory perhaps...) and although it's expensive it's just the highest quality. However I will say that because I bought this I didn't let myself buy any more make up in Paris at all. So if you fancy a make up treat, maybe take a peak! 

So ladies, what do you think? Too expensive for the amount of make up you get, or a good treat?

X

2 comments:

Leave a comment & make my day!