Thursday, 24 October 2013

Pound World Purchase: Calvin Klein Cream Eyeshadow

Hello lovelies. 

It's been a good while since I've found anything worth mentioning in Poundland or Pound World, but earlier in the week I popped in to pick up some Milka (essential purchase, yes?) and had a quick browse of the beauty items and found something that peaked my interested. I came across a selection of Calvin Klein cream eyeshadows, and thought I'd do a quick review of them. 


I checked in the shop to see if anyone had put their fingers in the pot, but these eyeshadow still have a seal inside the lid so it was good to go! 


There were several colours available, including a sparkly black, a deep brown & a plum, but I went for the beige shimmer, called snakeskin silver (blegh awful awful name). The packaging is pretty standard, a thick plastic container with a plastic lid with the Calvin Klein logo. 


The eyeshadow itself is quite creamy in consistency, and is very soft to the touch. 


Applied to the eyes it's much paler than it appears in the pan. I'd say it turns from a warm toned beige in the pan to the a cool toned beige. I applied it without a primer to give it a wear test & I found it did start to crease a little after a few hours. However I've worn it since with a smidgin of primer and that helped it stay put all day (I used the Lime Crime primer which I'd highly recommend). 

So for a whole pound, will you be checking these out? Or giving them a miss? 

X

2 comments:

  1. For a pound? Worth a shot I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent find, I've seen some OPI shatter polishes in Poundland before
    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!