Thursday, 21 November 2013

Bobbi Brown Sequin Shimmer Brick For Eyes Review & Swatches

Hello lovelies. 

Today I have something very exciting to share with you, the Sequin Shimmer Brick for eyes from Bobbi Brown! This is both my first ever thing from Bobbi Brown & my first pay day treat from my new job!


I picked mine up directly from Bobbi Brown, so as Christmas is near the shop had already wrapped all the Christmas sets up beautifully, it was almost a shame it was for me, as it looks so beautiful! It's also the first & only palette I own, which is almost shameful but I find I'm only usually drawn to one or two colours, with this one it was quite a different story.


As I mention before, the Sequin Shimmer Brick for eyes is part of the Bobbi Brown Christmas range, and although the packaging is pretty standard for Bobbi Brown, however instead of the writing being in white, it's gold, which is a really nice way to do Christmas packaging, not too much! 


OH. MY. GOD. Can I take just a minute to talk about how ruddy beautiful this is?! The shimmer brick has 10 separate colours, designed to be worn alone or blended together to make more complex colours. 


(please excuse the finger prints, the more I tried to clean it the worse it got!) To give you an idea of how diddy the it is, I've picked it up to show you. The idea behind the size is that its a compact palette ideal for popping in your bag to get you through the party season! This might be off putting to some, but I adore it! I'm often off put by the size of palettes as I assume it would be a pain to store! I also adore the fact there's no wasted packaging by having the shadows in separate pots, but most of all, NO TINY BRUSH! No tiny brush that I will instantly loose leaving a gaping hole in my palette! 


Swatched left to right from the pallete on my arm, here are all the colours on my arm. Oh, and by the by top marks who finds taking these swatch pictures of palettes easy, it was a pain in the bum! As you can see there is a good mix of colours and tones inside, but oh me oh my, look at that shimmer! As the name would indicate, all the colours are very very shimmery, and that's just how I like it! 


It applies to the eyes so beautifully, so soft and creamy with minimal glitter fall out. Here I've used a combination of the pink colours & the two lightest shades, but I've had loads of fun playing around & trying out different combinations, and I'm yet to find two colours in the pallete that don't go together, so well done Bobbi Brown for picking amazing colours! 

So, here's the thing. This palette isn't exactly cheap. In fact it's the opposite of cheap, it's really quite eye watering. At £34.50 here, it's a seriously bank damaging item. However, I didn't take this purchase lightly. I went in to Bobbi Brown and looked, swatched and then looked some more and then swatched some more, and then thought about it for about 4 weeks before I bought it, but I am so glad I did! It's a stunner, and I am thoroughly impressed with Bobbi Brown, if only for this! 

So ladies, have you tried anything from Bobbi Brown? If so what would you recommend?

X

3 comments:

  1. It's the perfect palette for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning palette :) I'm not sure how much I would wear it but I can see why you like it indeed! I've never tried Bobbi Brown, their Hollywood Palette looks amazing!
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! This palette looks gorgeous :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!