Saturday, 9 November 2013

Christmas Decoration Haul

Hello lovelies. 

I know, the dreaded C word, but I'm sorry to tell you, Christmas is coming! I love love love Christmas, and all things Christmas related, so I always get really excited when the Christmas bits hit the shops, which almost always translates in to a haul! I try to be strict with myself and only buy a few bits a year, but I thought I'd share what I have been buying with you lovely ladies! 


I've been picking up bits and pieces for the last couple of weeks, as and when I find them. I don't tend to go out & look for bits, but some how they find me! 


I'll start with the tree decorations I've picked up. I don't tend to set myself a limit of how many I can buy, but after quite a long time of living alone I've collected quite a lot of tree decorations, so I can be very picky with them! I don't do matching decorations, more of an mix and match, however they are all pretty much cute, felt ones, so I guess that's the theme! 


These three are probably some of my all time favourite decorations I've ever come across, bought in the last place I ever would of looked for cute decorations - B&Q! I popped in with my mum to get some paint samples (I know, it's hard not to be jealous of my glamorous life) and spotted the Christmas decorations at the front & thought I'd have a quick look, and oh my god. If I'd had more money with me I could of gone mental & bought a lot a lot of them! 

However, with a limited budget I could only pick 3, so I went for the two lollipops which actually have lollipop sticks at the bottom, and a gingerbread man who has the cutest face, ever! I am half tempted to go back & buy more! The above were £2 each & had a lot of felt ones, as well as tin and plastic around the same price. 


This cutie was from Tesco. I spotted him while I was doing my weekly shop, and although I wasn't impressed with the other decorations from Tesco this plush robin was too cute to leave behind. This little guy was £1.50 & all the decorations were 3 for 2 so could you buy 3 for £3. 


Next up, candles & candle accessories! Any old excuse to buy candles will do for me, but at Christmas I feel like I can justify it more... Any way! On to what I bought. 


First up, this adorable silver snowman jar hugger! This is mainly decorative but the idea behind these jar huggers is that they keep your surfaces protected from the heat from your candle & they also help to keep the warmth inside the candle so it melts evenly. However, LOOK HOW CUTE! I picked this up in House Of Fraser 20% off weekend so I think this came in at just under £10. A bit on the expensive side for what it is I know, but I love it! 


Another House Of Fraser pick! I spotted this Sugared Apple candle was 25% off, making it £14.99, so I decided it was going to be my "Christmas Candle". This was one of last years Christmas scents, but I held off buying it until I'd smelt this years range, which was totally underwhelming. This is pretty much the perfect blend of sweetness & crisp apple. 


Ok, so this one I am totally blaming on my new job! For those of you know might not of seen or follow me on Twitter, I got a new job this week, at the new Yankee Candle store that's opened in Bristol! As a giant Yankee Candle fan (*cough* see above *cough) this is beyond exciting for me! However, slightly dangerous! I'd been really strong & not bought anything at all, but this little Gingerbread man tealight holder really caught my eye, and after an hour of sticking sale stickers on these little guys, I decided I had to have one! It was just under £5 in the sale and a wee bit of staff discount! 


Another B&Q purchase! Honestly, the last place I would of looked for Christmas decorations but I spotted these star fairy lights & decided to pick them up. They were blooming cheap compared to other fairy lights I've looked at, and actually have a mains plug rather than batteries! These were about £6.50, and I really like them, so much so they might find a new home somewhere else after Christmas! 


Last up I picked up this lantern from Ikea. Again, not necessarily just for Christmas but it does have a festive feel! I'm planning to put some fairy lights inside & put it on the table over Christmas, and use it as a tea light holder the rest of the year. I'm pretty sure this was under £2. 

So ladies, do you go crazy for Christmas bits or not a fan? If you are a fan, where do like to buy your decorations from? 

14 comments:

  1. I have a lantern just like that but in red! It's actually in my latest blog post (: I love the lollies, can't wait to see your tree :3 xx

    mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, I'm sure I'll end up doing a blog post when I've put some stuff up x x

      Delete
  2. I don't like Christmas (typical dysfunctional famille, ultra-competitive) but with my new family it's ok. My summer (there are no white Christmases here) job is a gift wrapper which is pretty cool, at the mall with carols playing, but I don't seem to notice it anymore since I studied Marketing. I do love collecting tree decorations though! Back when I was in college we used to have a huge tree in the middle of the caf. Decorations come from all over, though mainly the big retailers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gift wrapper sounds amazing, I love wrapping gifts so I'd love to do it x

      Delete
  3. Really great picks! I never would have thought to put fairy lights in one of those lanterns but it's a great idea!

    Cath x

    square marshmallow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw it at a wedding a while a go & thought it looked really nice <3 x x

      Delete
  4. Aw, cute. Love the little robin and gingerbread men x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to visit this Yankee Candle shop! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's a really nice festive shop (i'm not biased at all...)

      Delete
  6. Aww what cute decorations! I still need to smell Sugared Apple!!!

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow woow what a fantastic christmas decorations!!!! it really makes feel happy at christmas celebrations......

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!