Sunday, 29 December 2013

Christmas Sales Haul

Hello lovelies. 

I was one of those people up bright and early on boxing day morning to hit the sales, oh yes. A quick stop at McDonalds for breakfast and off I went!


I have to say, I was slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong I still managed to pick up a few bits and bobs, but nothing I was really after was in the sale, or the reduction was so small I ended up leaving it. However I also popped out today and managed to pick up some more bits, so I thought I'd share them with you!


First up is this jumper from Next. The plan was to pop in on boxing day as I had a gift card, but it was crazy. For a start there were bouncers on the door to let people in one at a time as people came out, and you could see the queue around the shop from the door, so I left! I popped in today and the entire shop had been wrecked. The only clothes left were pretty lack luster, so I went to the home section which had about 4 lonely baubles left, and a lot of chipped tableware. So as I about to leave empty handed I decided to have a quick browse of the mens jumpers, and came across this! It's a blue & mustard yellow jumper that I bought in an XL so it's nice and comfortable. The only clothing I've found so far! 


Next up is this Rituals "Home Perfume" in Green Tea I picked up from Boots for half price. It's one of the most amazing scents I've sniffed for a long time, and I work in a scented candle shop! It's a gorgeous light tea scent with an almost citrusy edge. Even at half price it was still £8.75 but I was in love with it! 


Next up I also bought this Nails Inc nail varnish in Sweets Way. Nails Inc are seemingly having a bit of a blow out & a huge amount of the nail varnishes are half price, as are the sets. I've been intrigued by the Sprinkles collection for a while so for £5 I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about! 


Next is probably my favourite purchase, as it's the one I've lusted after the longest, which is this Russian doll bra from Freya. I've wanted this for at least 6 months, if not slightly longer, however it was £32.... THIRTY TWO POUNDS! However it was half price in Debenhams, making it £16, so I grabbed the last one in my size with both hands! Freya bras are fantastic as well, if slightly ridiculously priced!


Ok, so this is the only thing that wasn't food I bought on boxing day. Me & my mum queued up outside Harvey Nichols for a little while before it opened, and it was fairly quiet, until the doors opened... OH WHAT FRESH HELL. Both me & my mum were knocked over by women running and shoving to get to the handbags... little did they know I just wanted to look in Space NK... so after I picked  myself up OFF THE FLOOR, I went and had first pick of the Space NK sale, whilst women were screaming and shouting, shoving, pushing and generally making themselves look like utter tits over bags. I might sound like an old woman but I was literally disgusted that people would act that way!

I decided to just get the last set of Lipstick Queen Dancing Queen lipsticks, a brand I've wanted to try for a while. The set came with 3 different colours, and was reduced to just £9. In the box I thought they were minis, but they are only the tiniest bit smaller than the full sized (3.5g VS 4g) and seeing as one is usually £20 I thought that was a good deal! I've snapped a few pictures of the lipsticks so you can see the colours. 


The whole set is super sparkly, which might put some people off but I thought that was kind of cool as I have nothing like it. The first colour is Cha Cha, a plum colour with deep pink sparkle and has a glossy effect when applied to the lips.


Next is my favourite of the bunch, Electric Slide. Which is a true red with silver glitter, and I literally feel like a princess when wearing this! It's very glossy once applied.


Lastly is The Hustle, a pinky nude with a gold shimmer. This one is a lot more subtle when applied to lips, and I've popped this in my work bag as it's a perfect "something without being anything" lip. 

So that's all I've picked up, and although it's not a huge amount I'm really pleased with everything I have bought! I'm sure I will be adding to this before the sales are over, I just can't resist a good bargain! 

How about you lovely lot? Did you pick up much in the sales? 

X

4 comments:

  1. I wish I'd got that lipstick set, it's the only bargain I've really wanted! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a nice selection of things there, I've been lusting after that Nails Inc polish for ages!

    I went sales shopping on Saturday and I was rather disappointed with what WASN'T available. However I did pick up some nice things which I'm happy with. :)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lipsticks. :) There was no crowd, no rush, nothing. We went to a major shopping center, first stop Lush then bought chocolates from chocolate cafes, some stationary shops, and Priceline (Boots). Me being me we already had the basket ready for checkout. :P Is it wrong that I'm slightly disappointed there was no running/fighting/drama at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the jumper. I haven't hit the sales yet!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!