Thursday, 9 January 2014

(Better Late Than Never) December Empties

Hello lovelies.

December is probably the only month in the year I'm truly sad to see the back of. Christmas is over for another year & you get left with January, which for most people is the worst month of the year! It's still cold, it's still dark and most of us would rather not look at our bank accounts! However, today I'm pretending it's still December as here are my empties!


I am quite pleased with what I managed to finish last month, and I've finally made a start on using up some samples!


One. Bioderma Sebium Solution Micellaire 500ml.
This is the one. I fricking love this stuff because it is so effortless. This a mashoosive bottle, but I've used every last drop up, and before I went to France I had a quick look to see how much I had left and decided to pick up a couple more bottles, another full sized bottle and a couple of travel ones, because even in central Paris it's much cheaper. I paid about 10 euros for a 500ml bottle and 2,50 for the 100ml travel sized bottles, which should keep me going for quite a while!

Two. The Body Shop Satsuma Body Mist.
I've had quite a few different bottles of the body mists, and as lovely as they are I've found them really difficult to finish. I think because it's quite a fine spray and a large bottle it just seemed never ending. I don't know if I would buy another, possibly if a new scent was added but for the time being I'e had my fill. 

Three. Paul & Joe Nail Enamel Remover. 
This was actually a birthday gift from Ali possibly the birthday before last, but I couldn't bring myself to use it for a long time as it looks so crazy fancy! It was a really beautiful product, it removed nail varnish well, even glitter. I am going to reuse the bottle, so I doubt I'd repurchase as the bottle is most of the appeal! 

Four. Lush Snow Fairy. 
Standard Christmas empty for me to be honest. Every December 1st I put a little bottle in the shower, and as such it's become somewhat of a tradition! Its sweet and sugary goodness! I've already got another bottle which I'll hang on to before using for a little while, so it's not too long until I can get another bottle! 

Five. Bath & Body Works Pink Sugar Plum Shower Gel. 
Another Christmassy one from me, I've had this sat waiting for the festive period for a couple of months and it didn't disappoint. I've never disliked a single Bath & Body Works product to be honest! They are all really sweet and girly. If I ever find myself in America I can't imagine the damage that would happen to my bank account! 


Six. John Fredia Full Repair Conditioner Sample. 
Nice enough but not perfect, quite a generous sample size so got two uses out of the sachet. It made my hair feel soft but not as much as what I usually use (Organix). 

Seven. 3 Shu Uemura Ultimat8 Cleansing Oil Samples. 
I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and I liked it, but I honestly cannot imagine spending £38 on 150mls of it. It made my skin feel nice but it's not a life changer. 

Eight. Sephora Mango Shower Gel. 
I love the Sephora shower gels, and I usually get the little pods but decided to splash out on the big bottle of the mango. It's beautiful, thick and foams nicely. I will get more the next time I'm at a Sephora! Oh please let that be soon! 

Nine. Model Co Lash Extend Mascara. 
This was a freebie with Glamour magazine, but my god this is the WORST mascara I've ever tried. It flaked off in to the eye within minutes, and within an hour the whole lot was around the eye. Revolting. Doubt I'd try much from the brand after this almighty flop. 

Ten. Collection 2000 Concealer. 
I know, it's almost so clique to own this now its crazy. Every blogger has one, every bloggers dog has one, cat, goldfish, everyone! It's a good, really cheap, basic mascara, that s hard to argue with. I liked it enough, but I've decided to try some more high street options out, as I feel like it misses something I can't quite put my finger on. 

Eleven. Lush Sugar Mouse Scrub. 
A Christmas gift from Ali, it's a scrub bar in the shape of a sugar mouse that smell like snow fairy! It's scrubby enough to really do some work, which I need during winter and leaves a beautiful snow fairy scent on skin. 

Twelve. Si Georgio Armani Perfume Sample. 
I liked this a lot more than I thought I would, it's quite a mature scent but it's beautiful. It's not something I'd buy right now but it surprised me, so possibly in the future.

Thirteen. Baflour Body Cream Sample. 
This was a freebie when I bought something from Space NK. The cream was quite nice itself but the fragrance was quite spicy and masculine, and generally not what I'd go for, however I was impressed with the scent staying power. I put it on first thing in the morning and after a 13 hour shift I could still really smell it. I'd consider more from the brand in another fragrance.  

So that's what I finished up last month, how about you lovely ladies? 

X

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try one of the Bath & Body Works shower gels but they're so expensive! Would you say they're worth the money? :)

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!