Thursday, 2 January 2014

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lipbalm: The ONLY Lipbalm You Will Ever Need

Hello lovelies. 

Stop what you're doing and listen, I have found THE lip balm. Ok, well I am not the only person to ever use this, and I bought it on the high praises the lovely Ali gave me, but still, it is the ONE. I'm talking about the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm. 


Ok, so I will share a little origin story leading up to the purchase of this lip balm. I've never really suffered with dry lips. Until this year. The shop I work in doesn't have heating, and it's in an open air shopping center, so little by little my lips were getting drier and sorer. It got to the point that people were asking me if I had something around my mouth, which I didn't, it was just so red! I was putting on every lip balm I had every few minutes, but nothing was helping. I was desperate to sort it out, so when Ali told me how amazing the Nuxe Reve De Miel was, I thought it was worth a shot! 


The lip balm comes in a small frosted glass pot with a white screw off lid. I do wish they also had a tube version as it's a little more hygienic, but I don't dislike the packaging either. The lid however can be a little annoying, as if you put it on wrong it can be a little fiddly to get off! 


When you lift the lid you can see the lip balm is filled right to the top of the pot, which I am a big fan of as there is no unnecessary packaging! The lip balm itself is a dark yellowy colour, and at first sniff it smells slightly lemony, but a very gentle scent. 

So, here's the things, after over a month of trying every product under the sun and getting no where, I didn't really think this was going to come to my rescue, but oh my, did it! I put a little on & rubbed my lips together, and it was love.

Firstly, the texture of the lip balm is extremely thick so you only need a tiny bit, and once you've rubbed your lips together it doesn't disappear completely, it sits comfortably on the lips so you can feel it working for hours and hours. It also has teeny tiny grains in it which very gently buff away dead skin without being harsh. 

It also has a pleasant taste, very slightly lemony mixed with a subtle honey taste. Which isn't surprising as if you look at the ingredients listed are Honey, Plant Oils, Shea Butter & Grapefruit Essence.  

So after months of being in pain, spending a fortune on different lip balms, I used this ONCE and it fixed everything. That sounds like a lie but it is really true! I applied a small amount once & my lips were left feeling soft, nourished and just plain back to normal! Oh how I wish I'd found this sooner! 

The only slight problem with this lip balm is that it isn't particularly cheap. 15 grams will set you back around £9.50 from Space NK here, however I've had a quick look around online & I've found it in the Feel Unique sale here for £7.60 here, however if I'd found this sooner I would of actually saved a lot of money, as I hate to think how much I spent on products that didn't work! 

So if your suffering from dry lips I couldn't recommend this enough! Have you found any really amazing products recently? 

X

4 comments:

  1. This is such a good lip balm isn't it, it is one of my favourites.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try this for ages, so many people have recommended it. Think I'll definitely be picking it up soon for myself x
    ohsughar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fab! I was tempted to buy it in the Feel Unique sale but I have waaayyyy too many lip balms to justify doing this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You on the homepage of digg or reddit or some other major web page? Cause your hosting is Seriously sluggish suitable now, atleast for me.
    jeu amour

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!