Friday, 3 January 2014

The £10 Ted Baker Jewel Clasp Purse Dupe From LYDC

Hello lovelies. 

I've been after a new purse for a while, but I've really struggled to find anything I truly like. However, more and more I've found myself lusting after one of the Ted Baker jewel clasp purses, but the price is pretty eye watering! At between £75 to £99 each, as pretty as they are, I just couldn't bring myself to pay it! So when I stumbled on a pretty bloody close dupe for just £10, I was chuffed to bits! I thought I'd share it with you all as I thought you might like to see.


There is a few different colour options available, but I went for the baby pink with subtle shimmer. As with the Ted Baker it's a patent "pleather" so it almost has a plastic feel but not quite, think vinyl. The purse also feels really decent quality wise, and having felt the Ted Baker purses there isn't much, quality feeling wise, between the two.

Unlike a lot of the LYDC purses the logo branding is pretty small and inoffensive, as it's just a small metal strip. A lot of the pretty LYDC purses are near on ruined because it has some giant logo on the front. However that is a personal preference of mine, and it doesn't matter if it's Primark or Prada, I prefer branding to be pretty small, and preferably not be there at all! 


The prettiest part of this purse has to be the jewel clasp. It has two clear "jewels" (aka glass, but you know, cut like a jewel!) set in a gold metal clasps. Unlike the Ted Baker (which come in different coloured jewels to match the purse) version, the only colour is clear.


Inside the purse there is a few cards clothes, a section to stick notes & a coin purse. The material inside the purse is not really to my tastes, but it's not horrific either, and as hardly anyone will see it bar me its fine.

I bought mine from a little shop in Bristol City Center called Coco's, but I've found it on eBay here for just £10, which I think is pretty good considering I was this close to caving and buying one from Ted Baker! There is a choice of baby pink, hot pink, purple, green, red and black & the seller is based in the UK.

Have you ladies found any good dupes recently? 

X

3 comments:

  1. I had this friend at uni who was minted and had three or four tb purses in different colours. I was so jealous. But now I can get myself one. I love how the tb purses offer a little glam but not too over the top. Thank you so much for sharing this. I won't need to be green eyed anymore xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely gorgeous, it's a shame my boyfriend bought me a new purse for Christmas otherwise I'd have bought one of these!

    Slightly Skint Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one looks much better. i have had a look at the ted baker purse and its similar, but this lydc purse is girly and elegant at the same time. i really prefer this one and would go for lydc. plus the pink inside is pretty and every girl would like that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!