Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Lush Valentines 2014 Limited Edition Bath Bomb: Love Locket

Hello lovelies. 

As I mentioned in my Massive Lush Haul, I went a bit crazy due to having a new bath and a Lush gift card. One of the bath bombs I picked up was the limited edition bath bomb for Valentines day, the Love Locket. At just, just under £7, it's the most I've ever spent on a bath bomb, but it suckered me in! So lets see why! 


99% of the reason I bought it was for the shape, it's a giant heart shaped love locket, that rattles when you shake it, which peaked my interest further! 


It's basically the same size as my hand, the idea being that you smash it open & to be used in up to 3 baths, so on that theory it works out about the same the same price as two or three individual bath bombs.


So, on to the breaking! Previously with similar bath bombs from Lush, ones to smash open, its usually been a total pain, so tough & solid I've been able to stand on it & it showing no signs of giving and I've ended up chucking the whole lot in. However, this one was super easy! I gave it a good whack on the side of the bath & smashed open, maybe a little more than I've wanted to! 


So, the big reveal to what was making the rattle when I shook it, a smaller heart bath bomb in the center of the locket. I gave the center a sniff & part of the locket a sniff & as far as I can tell they are both the same scent, which is slightly disappointing but it may be impossible to do two different due to the middle one absorbing the scent of shell, but I'm not sure! 


So, I chucked a fair amount of the shell, or locket, in to the bath & it immediately turned the water a bright pink, releasing a pleasant scent, a typical "Lush" scent, sweet but not overly so, slightly floral with a citrusy edge. 


Hidden in the the shell of the locket are tiny soap hearts that are left behind in the water, which is another nice touch. 


The bath bomb fizzed incredibly quickly, it lasted maybe 10 or 15 seconds which was disappointing, I enjoy watching the bath bomb fizz!

So, the million dollar, or in this case, the nearly-£7-question, is it worth the money? Well... not really. It's nice, but if it was half the size and a 3rd of the price! The shape is pretty, and they have gone all out with the heart theme, but it's a lot of pretty packaging and not a lot of substance. 

I've still got a fair amount of it left, so I'm getting a few baths out of it, but for the same price I could get two Dragons Egg bath bombs, with all it's bells and whistles. A bit of a swing & a miss for me I'm afraid, that will teach me to be suckered in by a pretty package! 

The Love Locket costs a whopping £6.95 & can be purchased here or in Lush stores.

So ladies, have you tried it? Do you think it was worth the money? 

X

4 comments:

  1. It's quite pretty and initially I did want it, but after reviews perhaps not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this and haven't used it yet, I love the concept of it being in three parts x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really pretty but I've heard a couple of reviews now saying it's not really worth the price tag, I hate faffing around and wrapping half up as well so I'll probably give this a miss. Lovely photographs!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really disappointing and for how much it is, all I've heard is negative comments.

    Plus when I went to smell this in Lush on Saturday, it smelt weak and horrible. :S

    Such a shame!

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!