Sunday, 23 March 2014

MAC A Fantasy Of Flowers Limited Edition Lipstick In Snapdragon

Hello lovelies. 

I'll be really honest here, recently I've been feeling slightly apathetic towards make up. I used to find every new release really exciting, wanted to go out and purchase it all straight away, but in the last few months nothing has caught my eye much. 

However, as it usually is, MAC was there to pick me up, and get me handing over my money for make up again, and I managed to get something I found really exciting, Snapdragon from the new A Fantasy Of Flowers limited edition collection! 


I hadn't been to MAC for a good while so when I ended up there a good hour before I started work I thought I'd be in there for ages having a good browse, but no. 

I made a beeline for the A Fantasy Of Flowers collection picked up two lipsticks, swatched them both and just went Snapdragon, I want that, I need that, I'm gunna get that. Straight to the till, in and out within maybe 5 minutes, 4 of which were watching the sales assistant trying to get the iPad they take your details on to work! 


Snapdragon is a blue toned mid pink in a luster finish, so it has a little shine on the lips. Now obviously this colour is based on the flower, which just so happened to be one of my all time favourite flowers, and they look like this - 


(image credit here

I remember my nanny having these in her garden when I was little and thinking they were super pretty. 


On the lips, its just perfect. a little shine without being overly gloss like. The colour is also just spot on, the best "I've made a little effort" but without being too in your face. 

I've had this for a few days now and I've had been wearing it constantly. I've found myself reaching for it much more frequently than I would usually reach for any other lip product as I like wearing it so much!

You can browse the full A Fantasy Of Flowers range in-store or online here, but as with all limited edition MAC collections when they are gone they are really gone, so if something takes your fancy I'd act quick. Also worth noting here that MAC lipsticks have gone from £14.50 to £15.00 since I last went in, what madness is this?!

Have you ladies been lusting after any of this collection? Can I get a collective booooo for MAC increasing the prices again? 

X

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous colour, I haven't bought anything from MAC in so long and right now I'm having to not even look- their prices are getting more and more unobtainable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I haven't even checked out this collection, but since you posting this lipstick I really do like the look of it! :D It'd be perfect and is perfect to wear during spring and summer. :D

    I might be naughty and go and swatch this Thursday when I go shopping. :P

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!