Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Spring Ikea Haul

Hello lovelies. 

There are a few things that I love about Bristol, but one of them has to be my 10 minute proximity to Ikea. I bloody love the place. I know that it's probably the "marmite" of the furniture world, some love it, some hate it, but I love love love it! 


I needed a few bits, and obviously, as it's Ikea, I ended up buying much more than I intended! 


First thing I picked up was this tray, with crabs on it! I picked this up to arrange my large candles. They had this style in lots of different patterns and I think it was around £4. 


I've put the 3 large candles I'm burning at the moment along with a few little bits and pieces I keep on the side. It looks a lot neater and I like the fact it looks like the crabs are holding the candles on their backs! 


This was one of the things I actually "needed". I think in almost every home, is a Ribba Ikea frame. It's just a great basic frame, that comes in a variety of colours and sizes. I picked up one single for a photo I had taken at the Harry Potter studio tour and a multiple picture one as I thought it looked really nice. The single frame was £2.25 and the multiple was £5.


Volia! One photo in a frame! I need to get some photos printed for the multiple slot frame, which I'm hoping to get round to this week. 


Next up I picked up this metal enamel bowl which I just love! It's a bright canary yellow on top with 3 hot pink prongs that hold the bowl up. I thought this was amazing but I could only find one that had a few marks on, so they reduced it to £5 for me, score! 


I decided to use this as a fruit bowl, and it really brightens up what is a bit of a dark corner of my kitchen. 


Next up, Boring stuff! Hooray! Ikea is fantastic for picking up crap you need, but really don't want to spend a lot of money on. The jar was 85p, and I love them for storing food like cereal or rice in. Coat hangers, good solid sturdy plastic hangers and they cost all of 60p for 4, I always pick up a few packs because I always seem to need them! And more exciting that anything else... WASHING UP BRUSHES! They were 20p each so I thought I'd just stock up while I was there and bought 5. A peeler, because I've seemingly lost mine in the move & I hate peeling veggies with a knife! Ikea sell a range of basic kitchen tools for between 60p and £1.50.


Ok, so vaguely boring but also kind of exciting. I'm starting to find my winter duvet just a little too warm, so I thought I'd grab a really thin one while I was passing. This duvet is pretty much as thing as a sheet, and is only for the warmest months of the year, but it's a blessing for hot nights if, like me, you can't sleep without a duvet. 


My boyfriend decided he really wanted these stick on ghost mirrors, and seeing as he had stood with me choosing fruit bowls for a good 15 minutes, I thought he deserved them! He's already put them up! 


WoOoOoOohOOOOO scary ghost mirror! 


Next up, my favourite purchase of the day, fabric! Since we moved in to the new place we've been stuck with stupid horrible bright red curtains that were here when we moved in. However, curtains are stupidly expensive, and usually stupid boring. So I decided to get some fabric and make my own. Ikea has a lot of nice fabrics to choose from, but I chose the above as it was nice and colourful. I also picked up some wonder webb to take up the seams to the right lengths.


As I was using wonder webb it only took about 20 minutes to make both curtains for the kitchen, and I really like how they turned out! Really adds a nice splash of colour to an otherwise quite white room! 

So that was my Ikea haul! How about you ladies, are you an Ikea lover or a hater?

X

6 comments:

  1. I love that fabric x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the curtain! good post, Ikea are such a brilliant company! xo

    Natalie | Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curtains and love Ikea! Always walk out with far more than intended..

    Honey Go-Lightly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is lovely. Really bright. I love Ikea. My whole house is from there lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog so much! do you wanna follow each other? follow me and I will follow you right back!
    Have a lovely day!

    Bryony xxx
    http://glitteryberry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those ghost mirrors you bought! This post inspired me to pop to IKEA the weekend and I bought some lovely bits and pieces. ^_^ Couldn't find any ghost mirrors though, which sucked. :(

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!