Friday, 11 April 2014

Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour

Hello lovelies. 

On Tuesday it my was my 9 years anniversary with my boyfriend, and to celebrate we booked the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour, as we are both massive Harry Potter fans! It was utterly amazing, and a must if your a fan of the books, films or both! I thought I'd share some of my favourite snaps with you lovely lot, and I've been asked a few different questions about the tour since I was back, so I thought I'd do a little Q & A at the end. 


The attention to detail throughout the tour is staggering. Everything is really well presented, and best of all just behind velvet ropes, so you can get a good look at everything! As I mentioned above I've been asked a few different questions about the tour, which I thought might be helpful to answer in case your planning a visit. 

Is Hedwig always there?
No. This is part of "Feathers & Flight 2014" which is running throughout April, but I know that they often have Animal actors visiting the tour, so it's worth checking on the website if they might be there.

Is the gift shop good? 
Uh. A wee bit controversial but I have to say, not really. One, its both the start and the end of the tour, therefore it's stupid busy, like can't move busy, and it needs to be at least twice the size. But mostly, there isn't a huge amount of variety. It's basically two sections, more expensive collectors pieces and everything else. It's a lot of "House" items, so that's covered, but I felt like they were missing variety.

Is the gift shop expensive? 
Oh god, yes. Hoodies and jumpers range between £35 to £90, wands are all £25, keyrings are about £7.95, chocolate frogs are also £7.95, mugs are around £10, and the premium items such as a time turner necklace were around the £40 mark.   

How long does the tour take? 
Well that's kind of up to you. There is only about 15 minutes of guided tour and then your free to set your own pace. We went quite slowly, took lots of photos, stopped to sit down etc and we took roughly 4 hours. 

Favourite part? 
Meeting Hedwig! But also I have to say I have a soft spot for Hagrids hut! 

So whose been to the tour? What did you think? 

X

3 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to go later this year with my brother, so excited! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! When we visit London I definitely want to go here. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day!